Teamcare death info.

QKRSTKR

Found this out the other day. Didn't hear this at all with everyone telling us how great teamcare is. It's to the point it is what it is.

If you die your dependents would still be covered by teamcare for 5 years after your death. I thought that was a great plus. Well beware, if you go out of the teamcare network at all you loose that coverage. You then would have to stay totally in network for 2 years to have that coverage re-established. June 1st we all have that benefit. If you go out of network at all (except emergency care) you loose it.

Stonefish, I don't have documentation, you can make the call for yourself. ;).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Found this out the other day. Didn't hear this at all with everyone telling us how great teamcare is. It's to the point it is what it is.

If you die your dependents would still be covered by teamcare for 5 years after your death. I thought that was a great plus. Well beware, if you go out of the teamcare network at all you loose that coverage. You then would have to stay totally in network for 2 years to have that coverage re-established. June 1st we all have that benefit. If you go out of network at all (except emergency care) you loose it.

I read that too...you are correct. The way I also read it...if you die prior to June 1, 2016...your family won't qualify for the 5 year death benefit...even if you stayed in network.

dumptheoldguardteamsters

No mention of the change of the "one punch rule". Can't wait till everyone finds out about that one!!
THIS IS NOT A COMPARABLE PLAN!
THE PIGS ARE IN THE MARBLE PALACE!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
That's always been the rule here. In 16 years, I've never heard of anyone being dropped from coverage. Might be a concession to you, but it's all ever known. I see it to be more of an equalizer than a concession.

Sent using a Potato

Stonefish

Ok so you're upset that your family gets additional coverage you don't currently have under the company plan. You guys are freakin amazing.

Stonefish

Accidents happen and you will be dropped from your healthcare plan!! This is a concession!! Flat out

Sent using BrownCafe App
That is not true either. If you have an injury or illness your employer is required to make H & W contributions. Also you file for disability you get 26 weeks of H & W and on long term disability an additional year.

Stonefish

That's always been the rule here. In 16 years, I've never heard of anyone being dropped from coverage. Might be a concession to you, but it's all ever known. I see it to be more of an equalizer than a concession.

Sent using a Potato
I know plenty of people that have had their coverage dropped.

Under the company plan.

Under that great company plan everyone keeps talking about if you don't file within 30 days, no coverage. Not that way under CS.
Under that great company plan when they contest your workers compensation, no benefits. Not that way under CS.
Go ahead, come back with some other comments. It isn't changing anything and people don't want to hear the facts. I'm sorry, certain people.

I'm sorry I will try not to do that again
It's human nature. What you have to remember is that it's still so new. A year from now when the dust settles and the growning pains are gone maybe just maybe people will be a little more rational. As in life you will always have your haters. What else do they have better to do?