Teamcare Life Insurance vs UPS Life Insurance "On Topic"

browned out

Does anyone know of any full time UPS employees who have died in the past year or so? If so their loved ones were most likely only paid a max of $40,000 in life insurance from Teamcare. They are entitled to $100,000 max.

The contract states on page 171. 4. Short term disability, life insurance and dental benefits will first be provided through Central States Health & Welfare. UPS will cover the differential between what Central States Health & Welfare currently provides and what the employee had as a benefit prior to January 1, 2014.

The life insurance benefit prior to 2014 was a maximum of $100,000 therefore the beneficiary should receive a check for $40,000 from Teamcare and the remainder of up to $60,000 in another check directly from UPS. The beneficiary may have to contact the Teamsters to find out how to get the UPS check.

I have been on Disability and have not received the promised matched benefit as Teamcare disability is less than my old UPS disability payment. Grievance to be filed.

Disability is only about $400 differential. So not a big deal but I still should get what was promised. On the other hand...Life Insurance is up to $60,000 differential which is a very big deal.

Lets make sure everyone gets the benefits that we are entitled to.

browned out

I had not been following the Tom Ryan story for a while but found out today that he had tragically past.

Can someone get a hold of Tom's family and make sure that they receive the up to $100,000 max UPS Life Insurance. Probably around $70,000 total in his case.

Teamcare is only responsible for $40,000 but Tom was covered under the old language of the benefits of the UPS plan prior to 2014. UPS should send a check for the rest.

I am sure the family needs the promised funds.

Contract states on page 171. Short term disability, life insurance and dental benefits will be provided through Central States Health and Welfare (TEAMCARE) UPS will cover the differential between what Central States Health and Welfare currently provides and what the employee had as a benefit prior to January 1,2014.

The UPS driver's exact benefit before 2014 was as follows : 2080 times the drivers hourly rate up to a max of $100,000.

In my case; UPS has not been following page 171; UPS has not paid what they are required to.

Lets make sure this devastated family gets all the help they are entitled to. His family should not have to deal with this; UPS should just pay what they are required to...if they have not already.

Rest in Peace Tom

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I believe the $40,000 you mentioned is a minimum, not a maximum.

Without having the numbers in front of me and just having split my day between two jobs and not really wanting to look them up, I believe they are 1040 x Hourly Rate (minimum $40,000 with a max $100,000) for PT'ers and 2080 x Hourly Rate with the same min/max for Full-Timers.

jamescasey420

Well not to rude, but when the Union is in control of you health care and your pension. Do you really think they want you to retire and keep you healthy so you can? Or do they want to deny health benefits so you die and don't retire. Last I heard the union was trying to figure out how they were going to pay retirement and healthcare for the retired employees.

browned out

My grievance regarding not being paid the correct disability benefit is being investigated by UPS. I have asked the Union to make sure that other Disability and Life Insurance benefits are paid according to the contract. These benefits should be paid automatically.
The union states that they are working on it. I hope so.
The additional Life Insurance benefit is at least $30,000 that affected employee families may be getting shorted.