Teamcare life insurance?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I know through Aetna (old ups insurance), we had the option of adding on life insurance for an extra cost during the open enrollment period. I received some teamcare info in the mail the other day...summary of plan benefits and paperwork to sign up your dependents and set up your life insurance beneficiary. So, the new Teamcare plan includes life insurance at no additional cost?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I thought we always had a 10k policy thru the teamsters. I could be wrong and this one says 40k. Takes care of my funeral plus some should something happen.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I thought we always had a 10k policy thru the teamsters. I could be wrong and this one says 40k. Takes care of my funeral plus some should something happen.
Did I misread it? It said for FTers...2080hrs x hourly rate....min 40,000 and max of 100k. 1040 hours for PTers...with a 40k minimum. Is that if we die on the clock, or just in general?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Did I misread it? It said for FTers...2080hrs x hourly rate....min 40,000 and max of 100k. 1040 hours for PTers...with a 40k minimum.
I haven't read all the paper work. What I read was the teamcare benefit summary. Had co pays and deductibles and such on there. It said life insurance 40k.

We may be talking about two seperate things.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
For new teamcare members, the basic life is staying the same as it was before. 1040 times hourly rate max of $100,000 for part timers. That's right around $10,000 for starting p/t.

I'm curious what will happen to my additional life insurance and AD&D though. With proof of good health you could get up to a million of each($50,000 without proof). Surely Prudential would have to send me something saying it was ending, so maybe the additional isn't changing. Since it's through Prudential and not UPS I don't see why it would need to change.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Did I misread it? It said for FTers...2080hrs x hourly rate....min 40,000 and max of 100k. 1040 hours for PTers...with a 40k minimum. Is that if we die on the clock, or just in general?

On/off the clock.

FT/PT in CS H&W/UPS Company plan have had a similar level of "included" life insurance based on hourly rate, but the $40k minimum is new under TeamCare (I believe).

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Screw life insurance. If I'm dead I am dead. I don't care what you want to do with me. You can even put my body in a barrel and throw that crap in the woods.

You feel that way because, you're single and don't have children. When you meet a person and decide to play house "for realz", the game changes a bit.

I don't want to leave my wife with the burden of trying to figure out how she's gonna make our house payment, car payment, feed our kids, and all the other debt we've acquired in our pursuit of the American Dream.

My death would not only bring grief, but financial hardship as well. I can't leave this world with that kind of baggage.

Im sure you'll feel the same way some day.

Sent using a Potato

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Find a good insurance broker and get in shape before going through the application and health screenings. You can get some really nice rates if you can qualify for preferred plus, plus you'll live longer.

upschuck

This is what my(FT current participant) info sheet says:

Member death $40000
Accidental Death $40000
Spouse Death $4000
Child/Adult Child Death $2000
Total Permanent Disability $16000

Dependent Life insurance Benefits are only payable on covered dependents.