Teamcare supplemental report

Non sequitur

Just received from the Teamcare law dept. a request for info regarding a my sons hospital visit. He got a neck injury around 9:00 pm on a Thursday night and I didn't want to risk waiting until morning to call his Dr. and schedule an appointment. The supplemental report asks to describe the injury and where the injury occurred. Do you think that our health plan would sue the business where the injury occurred? It was a wrestling club that held its summer practices at a cross fit gym and my son was a "casual drop in". Fortunately after about 10 days wearing a brace his neck was fine. I'm worried that the wrestling club and or workout facility might get sued and that would be the end of my sons wrestling career with that club.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Got a similar letter when my daughter injured her knee, which required surgery.
They're trying to put the liability somewhere

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just received from the Teamcare law dept. a request for info regarding a my sons hospital visit. He got a neck injury around 9:00 pm on a Thursday night and I didn't want to risk waiting until morning to call his Dr. and schedule an appointment.

Let me get this straight. Your son suffered a neck injury.

It wasn't serious enough to call 911....

So you took him to the emergency room of a hospital, in lieu of waiting a day.

Do you think that our health plan would sue the business where the injury occurred?

No.

They are going to deny your claim as a "non-emergency"....

And have you pay for the claim, while you appeal their denial.

Just a guess. :biggrin:

-Bug-

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Let me get s straight. Your son suffered a neck injury.

It wasn't serious enough to call 911....

So you took him to the emergency room of a hospital, in lieu of waiting a day.

No.

They are going to deny your claim as a "non-emergency"....

And have you pay for the claim, while you appeal their denial.

Just a guess. :biggrin:

-Bug-
Waiting a day? If i called my primary care dr tomorrow...I'd be lucky to get an appt for next Monday. Thank god
for walk in urgent care places.

oldngray

nowhere special
Frequently neck injuries are more serious than you first believe. An injury often isn't really felt until hours later. Going to the doctor as soon as you are concerned instead of waiting until the next day is the right thing to do.