teamster president election

Status
Not open for further replies.

over9five

Staff member
When is the next ibt election so we can bid jr hoffa adeiu. Good riddance to bad rubbish

Browned, I think you should do some research, and find out who may run against Hoffa. Then you can post a poll here, and we'll vote.

I imagine Tom L will run again. His chances get better every time, especially with the next election...

B

Bother Joe

Somebody told me 2011. We need to start working on removing jr as soon as possible though!

browned out

Correction, who has the balls to run against Hoffa.

They don't need balls to run against jr hoffa; only a hint of integrity and genuine union leadership and they will win.

If Hoffa had any integrity; he would donate his COLA to the Teamsters strike fund so the membership could share it.

Raise the dues to 2 and half hours a month without a vote and then keep your COLA without working out a contract that gives the members COLA>

Hoffa is a joke

FAVREFAN

Seriously though, how does this _ss clown think he is going to get re-elected? He has sold out every contract so far. I can't wait to vote him out as does everyone in my work area.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Hoffa and his clown brigade have worked their last UPS contract !! How can any UPS Teamster look at this contract and say "YUP, This looks good to me, Let's send it to the people"

I don't even know how it passed? But It did

Let's hope someone does step up with some integrity and no ties to 705/710. Unless of course, It is to lasso this runaway faction and put the UNITED in UPS Teamsters. We can only dream.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Hoffa and his clown brigade have worked their last UPS contract !! How can any UPS Teamster look at this contract and say "YUP, This looks good to me, Let's send it to the people"

Let's hope someone does step up with some integrity and no ties to 705/710. Unless of course, It is to lasso this runaway faction and put the UNITED in UPS Teamsters. We can only dream.

I have recieved word (unofficial) that part-timers were paid off to vote yes. Part of me doesn't believe it, but I have actually seen the proof that at least one person was paid 100$. So apparently there is some truth to it? There was major union and management posturing simultaneously in this hub facility regarding yes votes, and it is quite apparent if you worked here. There are no teamsters, just UPS workers in wolves clothing, starkly different from the smaller centers I have worked where people stood up for themselves and each other.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
when jr decides to retire ( with a very fat pension check & full health benefits for life ), his son will be our next president. After all the Teamsters Union is their family's business to run.

tieguy

Banned
Seriously though, how does this _ss clown think he is going to get re-elected? He has sold out every contract so far. I can't wait to vote him out as does everyone in my work area.

He'll get reelected if you don't find a good candidate to put up against him. Look at the history. You generally have a TDU supported candidate running against him. TDU may be too extreme for most upsers. You probably need a third option between old guard and Tdu which is basically what you have now.

Even with Hoffa you guys don't have unity. If he is not your cup of tea then thats fine find someone else. But in my humble opinion you should at least show him respect for stepping up and taking on a very difficult job. I think you should show him respect for his service to the union. You can't alibi by pointing to his wages. As a lawyer he could have made much more in the private industry.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
He'll get reelected if you don't find a good candidate to put up against him. Look at the history. You generally have a TDU supported candidate running against him. TDU may be too extreme for most upsers. You probably need a third option between old guard and Tdu which is basically what you have now.

Even with Hoffa you guys don't have unity. If he is not your cup of tea then thats fine find someone else. But in my humble opinion you should at least show him respect for stepping up and taking on a very difficult job. I think you should show him respect for his service to the union. You can't alibi by pointing to his wages. As a lawyer he could have made much more in the private industry.

As much as I'm not a fan of his, you make a great argument. If I was him, I would follow my father's footsteps and take on the laborious job as well. And, obviously, you can't please everyone.
When I have my supervisors trying to sell us on voting yes on the contract and actually taking a tally vote to make sure every driver got their ballot in the mail. Just makes you think this wasn't the right one for us.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

..You can't alibi by pointing to his wages. As a lawyer he could have made much more in the private industry.

Excellent observation .
However that part about him being a highly paid lawyer, most of his clients were in fact the same people that were suspected of killing his father.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Why not someone from 705 or 710? It sounds like both of our locals did better in the contract than the national and that should be noticed. Also if you have a local that represents the members wouldnt you want that leadership to over see that this is being done on a national level?

Just so you know that there is an elected 710er on the the hoffa slate already!

705red

Browncafe Steward

Tie the big problem here is who ever runs against hoffa will almost automatically have the tdu's support. Now this is good and bad, because some of the old guard wont vote for anyone that is endorsed by tdu.

I would just love to see 100% turnout in an election and then it would be easier to swallow.

Now rumor also has it that if Obama wins hoffa will be the new secretary of labor. So if you would like to get rid of hoffa early vote for Obama.

705red

Browncafe Steward
As much as I'm not a fan of his, you make a great argument. If I was him, I would follow my father's footsteps and take on the laborious job as well. And, obviously, you can't please everyone.
When I have my supervisors trying to sell us on voting yes on the contract and actually taking a tally vote to make sure every driver got their ballot in the mail. Just makes you think this wasn't the right one for us.
Jr couldnt fill his fathers shoes! His father if alive today would smack the taste out of his mouth for what he has done to this organization.

His father stood for the working man and for working families so everyone could enjoy finer things. Jr enjoys getting along with the companies just to get along.

Sr worked in our trades and had an understanding of the jobs, crafts. Jr is an attorney with a secretary to do his heavy lifting and envelope opening.

Jimmy Hoffa SR built the teamsters to the strongest levels ever whil jr has weakened us to our lowest levels ever.

Bloodybrown

Jr couldnt fill his fathers shoes! His father if alive today would smack the taste out of his mouth for what he has done to this organization.

His father stood for the working man and for working families so everyone could enjoy finer things. Jr enjoys getting along with the companies just to get along.

Sr worked in our trades and had an understanding of the jobs, crafts. Jr is an attorney with a secretary to do his heavy lifting and envelope opening.

Jimmy Hoffa SR built the teamsters to the strongest levels ever whil jr has weakened us to our lowest levels ever.

Oh, you knew Hoffa Senior???......were you even born??....I suppose Jr should have let all the teamsters in central states go down the tubes with there pensions right??.....You don't care ,your not in central states, so you really don't care about what would have happened to your teamster brothers, right red??....but they should all vote for you or your local. Red tell us all how you screwed part timers that go driving and get DQed. You guys did nothing for them in regards to driving. They have to wait until the life of the contract until they get another shot? Yeah you guys sure did good there. Many locals around the country have NEGOTIATED that part timers get another shot within a year or two, so tell everyone here how good you guys helped the part timers!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Oh, you knew Hoffa Senior???......were you even born??....I suppose Jr should have let all the teamsters in central states go down the tubes with there pensions right??.....You don't care ,your not in central states, so you really don't care about what would have happened to your teamster brothers, right red??....but they should all vote for you or your local. Red tell us all how you screwed part timers that go driving and get DQed. You guys did nothing for them in regards to driving. They have to wait until the life of the contract until they get another shot? Yeah you guys sure did good there. Many locals around the country have NEGOTIATED that part timers get another shot within a year or two, so tell everyone here how good you guys helped the part timers!!
Amazing go figure this, a management poster running to the defense of hoffa!

Im not going to debate contract talks under every single thread with you, but understand that what you are referring to is current contract language and ptimers do get another chance after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.