Teamster UPS 401K - Prudential Financial

Hello all,
I'm interesting in starting a 401k plan. I'm 25 from so cal. i'm a newbie when its come to this. i could use some of your help; its be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking starting out 3-5%. I'm a little confused about the investment plan. I'm thinking long-term. what would be the best? I heard S&P 500 EQUITY INDEX FUND is the best. are there any better? I've been with UPS for over a year now. I just wanna be financially stable when I'm older. I'm single with 0 kids for now.

upschuck

S&P is a good start. Increase with every raise, won't notice the increase at all. Roth is better, but takes a bigger chunk of paycheck, but withdrawals come out tax-free.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hello all,
I'm interesting in starting a 401k plan. I'm 25 from so cal. i'm a newbie when its come to this. i could use some of your help; its be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking starting out 3-5%. I'm a little confused about the investment plan. I'm thinking long-term. what would be the best? I heard S&P 500 EQUITY INDEX FUND is the best. are there any better? I've been with UPS for over a year now. I just wanna be financially stable when I'm older. I'm single with 0 kids for now.
Check out the retirement section here.

Hello all,
Don't forget the international fund.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
BLvoPk.gif

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Simple to do. Choose 5% and choose the Bright Horizon 2060 Fund (closest date to your "retirement" at age 64. You will not miss the few bucks out of each paycheck.

When you feel more knowledgeable about the stock market you can always change allocations. The 2060 fund is a simple set it and forget it!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello all,

Screw that put it all in Bitcoin

cornfed

i use Paul Merriman's recommendations. The aggressive recommendations. I'm 34. 30% s&p, 40% russell 2000, 10% REIT, 20% Int'l.

Check him out if you're interested. If you aren't sure what to do as of now, I agree with the suggestion to throw it all in a 2060(or so) fund, but get busy and read articles/listen to podcasts. Use the ROTH for sure at your age. Start with 5-10%+ contribution rate. Increase contributions by 1% at least every 6 months until it hurts. At your age, how much you put in is more important than the allocation(provided you are in decent choices).

i use Paul Merriman's recommendations. The aggressive recommendations. I'm 34. 30% s&p, 40% russell 2000, 10% REIT, 20% Int'l.

Check him out if you're interested. If you aren't sure what to do as of now, I agree with the suggestion to throw it all in a 2060(or so) fund, but get busy and read articles/listen to podcasts. Use the ROTH for sure at your age. Start with 5-10%+ contribution rate. Increase contributions by 1% at least every 6 months until it hurts. At your age, how much you put in is more important than the allocation(provided you are in decent choices).
That's a ton of money into small caps.