Teamsters delivered the first vaccines. Now they're getting them

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Teamsters delivered the first vaccines. Now they're getting them - Spectrum News1

In mid-December, when the first vials of COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Kentucky, workers with Teamsters Local 89 played a pivotal role in delivering them from airplanes to arms.

“The people who took the vaccines off the planes and put them on UPS trucks were Teamsters,” said Avral Thompson, Secretary-Treasurer for the union that represents more than 16,000 workers in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. “The UPS truck drivers were Teamsters. We played a big role.”

On Friday, the vaccines came to them. In partnership with UofL Health, the Teamsters Local 89 hall in Louisville held a vaccine clinic for members, their families, and anyone else in the neighborhood who hasn’t yet been vaccinated against COVID-19.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Apparently we are not.
No biggie I didn't want to be the first one to get it anyways. But I Do you think our company should do something to help make sure people get vaccinated if they want to

If you deliver to a hospital you would have been able to get it earlier. Anyone who covers a route with a hospital could have gotten one.

rod

Retired 22 years
You couldn't even get an appointment to get one. That's why I'm saying I was surprised that the company or the union didn't do something to help the employees get vaccinated
I know a gal who is 47 years old who got hers even before me (no she wasn't an essential worker-in fact she is a stay at home housewife). It was called being in the right place at the right time. Her husband went in to get his (he was eligible) and she tagged along for the hell of it. Clinic was closing for the day and the had a few shots left over so she grabbed one.

I know a gal who is 47 years old who got hers even before me (no she wasn't an essential worker-in fact she is a stay at home housewife). It was called being in the right place at the right time. Her husband went in to get his (he was eligible) and she tagged along for the hell of it. Clinic was closing for the day and the had a few shots left over so she grabbed one.
Lots of people jumped lines or had friends..