Teamsters healthcare contracts "Accent" to check our larger medical Bills

twoweeled

This is the second letter I've received from one of these "cost containment solutions" companies that apparently inquire when you've had a larger expense showing in your insurance. I believe they are looking for the car accident, causing whiplash. You have Xrays, therapy, doctor visits and this company (Accent) wants to go after someone else to pay for that bill. If caught early enough, the service providers will be on hold getting paid (from what I've read) and sorta leaves you in a lurch, since you are ultimately responsible for that bill. From what I read, Accent gets paid a percentage of what is questioned or reimbursed.
There are different company's doing this. Mine is "Accent". We had another when I was active. Anyone know if we have to respond?
I didn't know what to write in the title, explaining this. LOL!

twoweeled

The good thing is that all "saved costs" will be diverted into your retirement fund.
I really hope your correct, but they were doing this when I was an active employee. If those savings were going to our retirement fund, it doesn't seem to have helped much.
Is that a fact of the "saved cost"?

twoweeled

He is pulling your chain. The "saved cost" stays with the insurer.
Oh crap! He got me again. You don't by any chance have Monkey Butt's address do you?
Those letters from Accent" are a bit of a pain after awhile.
Dang. How did that one get by me? Must've been early in the morning.