Tears Rain in Mudville

wkmac

The legendary voice of the Cubs, Harry Caray, has a new member in the booth at Heaven Baseball Stadium. His son Skip, the voice of the Braves for 33 years passed away this afternoon.

:sad-very:

wkmac

Wow, What a loss. It seems like I listened to him ever since I can remember.

I remember Milo Hamilton but it was the era of Skip along with Pete, Joe and Don that Braves fans remember the most. I knew he had health issues but didn't see that one coming. So sad to lose a great voice and a good baseball man too!

wkmac

Didn't he do play by play on TBS?

If you're asking in reference to Skip, yes he did. Skip, if memory serves, was there day 1 when Ted Turner bought the team and every game was broadcast over his TV station that was to become known as the SuperStation Channel 17.

Vols, I thought about you a few weeks ago. Went to the local dirt track to catch an ASCS Outlaw Sprint Car Race along with the regular "fender" racers. And I'll be hooked into the Speed Channel Saturday night watching the Knoxville Nationals!

Outside of Eldora, there is no greater sacred ground on the planet!
:wink2:

govols019

You smell that?
I love to watch Sprint Cars do the parade lap. That's awesome. Other than that I don't really like 'em. I need a car with fenders on it.