telematics and heat

JonFrum

Ironically, after you return to the building and it gets even colder as the night wears on, carwashers and auto mechanics move your cars with the bulkhead doors and rear doors open, and idle the engines whenever necessary. The Company has apparently figured out how to ignore or turn off Telematics for us, just not for you. (It's probably best they don't know some of the stuff we have to do. It would only upset them.)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Telematics allows the company to measure things that it was unable to measure before.

If they can measure it, they can manage it. And if they can manage it then by God they will micromanage it, and print out a bunch of reports to go along with it.

To succeed as a UPS manager you dont have to produce results or add value. All you have to do is find a way to manipulate whatever measurement happens to be Corporate's current flavor of the week. It might be idle time, it might be AM time, it might be overallowed hours, or it might be the total number of staples and paperclips used by the center each week. The only thing that all of these different numbers have in common is that none of them matter.

article22

Banned
I used to drive in this same building!!! This is known to be one of the toughest buildings/areas to drive out of!! 99% of my center were runners that were so afraid of management.. Another threat was if we didnt know the 10 point commentary we were gonna be pulled off the road!!! Lmao that never happend and i still dont know any of it!!

old levi's

blank space
It gets cold here, cold enough to have run the heater periodically. They started installing our telematics 2 weeks ago and I haven't been back since they started so I don't know if they are done yet. I can tell you one thing though, they can kiss my lily white ass if they think I'm not going to idle to keep warm.

I'm calling BS that the truck cab could get cold with YOU in it. Also, gonna need verification pix on that lily white claim.
Just PM the pix.
:wink2:

rocket man

Always park truck facing directly towards the sun during your lunch period. That way the cab acts as a greenhouse and keeps itself warm. No wasted fuel and your still warm.
what if your in alaska its dark at 3 in the afternoon and its cloudy snowing no sun rain wind the end of the world oh no he cant take lunch.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
what if your in alaska its dark at 3 in the afternoon and its cloudy snowing no sun rain wind the end of the world oh no he cant take lunch.
His local "safety committee" will probably come up with a Seven Point Hypothermia Prevention Commentary for him to recite through chattering teeth while he sits in the cab and shivers. If he requests a few extra copies before he leaves in the morning, they can be crumpled up and stuck into his clothing for additional insulation.