Telematics Coming Soon.

The mechanics in my building told me the other day that they have begun wiring the trucks for the Telematics system and my Center Manager has confirmed we'll be online soon. Can I please be informed on what to expect. Talked to my BA, he's digging for info as well since we'll be the first center in our Local to go online.Thanks!

DS

Fenderbender
The mechanics in my building told me the other day that they have begun wiring the trucks for the Telematics system and my Center Manager has confirmed we'll be online soon. Can I please be informed on what to expect. Talked to my BA, he's digging for info as well since we'll be the first center in our Local to go online.Thanks!

We've had it about a year now.Don't sweat if if you follow the methods.
They can tell if you are driving without your seat belt.
They know how many times and how far you backed up.
It shows on the report if you drive with the bulkhead open.
They know if you are using the diad while the truck is running.

The hardest things to get used to for me was not touching the board when the truck is running,
and the ritual of backing up to a dock,shutting off the engine,opening the bulkhead,opening the back doors,
closing the bulkhead,backing up one foot,shutting off the engine,and finally opening the bulkhead
and making the delivery.

But like everything you get used to it.

H82looz

You MUST do everything the proper way 100% of the time. Which means seat belt on before wheels roll 1", bulkhead door closed, minimal idle time, DO NOT turn on diad with engine running at any time, back 1st always, this is stuff that they will know before you do.. Also I believe that yhere is some sort of black box capabilities when it comes to mechanics of truck. This is george Orwells 1984 in action, trust me. Also it's halarious to see people who punched out at 8 hours or less everyday coming in at my time of 9.5 hours or greater. These people don't know what hit'em, cuz now they have to work as us who have followed the rules. Just do the job as your suppose to and you'll be safe. However that said they are using this against drivers already and plz don't lunch off your area they will get you for that. Good luck, I'm glad that I only have one year to go.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You can turn on your diad with truck running :D. Your truck should not be MOVING while you are fiddling with diad, which GPS can prove.

If this is wrong, I stand corrected, but I've never had any warning over diad being turned on while truck is running, do it all of the time.

upshawk

Does a driver have to have their seat belt clicked on before starting up the engine or can it be done in one smooth motion as the car begins to inch forward. Nobody at our center seems to know the answer.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
You can turn on your diad with truck running :D. Your truck should not be MOVING while you are fiddling with diad, which GPS can prove.

If this is wrong, I stand corrected, but I've never had any warning over diad being turned on while truck is running, do it all of the time.

It's called "Recording while idling", and yes it shows up on the report.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's called "Recording while idling", and yes it shows up on the report.

Thank you, I understand and have seen that on the reports. Did not know exactly how it was applied to anything though.
Does it show up negatively on a report? If I just press the barcode to check the time, for ex. That to me is not "recording" anything while idling, just checking the time at a stoplight, for ex. I've never heard a peep about it from any building, center or management.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Thank you, I understand and have seen that on the reports. Did not know exactly how it was applied to anything though.
Does it show up negatively on a report? If I just press the barcode to check the time, for ex. That to me is not "recording" anything while idling, just checking the time at a stoplight, for ex. I've never heard a peep about it from any building, center or management.

No, just powering up the DIAD, does not show on the report.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Have had telematics for a month or so and haven't made the office or reports yet, so I might have been doing this right all along...