telematics is going to eliminate management

rod

Retired 22 years
They still can't teach that monkey to drive a truck but apparently they have mastered training them to replace a few management types.:happy2:

browned out

I must have missed it. its not as apparent to me. Perhaps the op could elaborate with something a little more detailed then the third grade crayon writing above?

I believe that the proverbial other shoe has hit the floor is what he is trying to say. Today in our center; it was announced that our full-time dispatch sup is being moved to on-car and is not being replaced. and they told two friends and so on and so on

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our former center manager got "promoted" and was not replaced. The center manager from an adjacent center steps in occasionally to help our 3 on-car sups to run the center. It seems to be working just fine; things actually go smoother when you dont have 4 management people trying to do the work of 3.:happy-very:

rod

Retired 22 years
Our former center manager got "promoted" and was not replaced. The center manager from an adjacent center steps in occasionally to help our 3 on-car sups to run the center. It seems to be working just fine; things actually go smoother when you dont have 4 management people trying to do the work of 3.:happy-very:

I worked for about the first 5 years without any supervisors (we had what they called a lead driver who was responsible for getting us out of the building in the mornings---he was paid 10 cents more an hour) and then we were on our own for everything the rest of the day. If a problem came up you just handled it yourself. We shared our center manager with another center and he lived in that town so we only saw him a couple of days a week. Things actually ran quite smooth. This was before there were air commitments and pick up time commitments and letterbox commitments etc .etc. etc. I hear its different now:happy2:

tranham

The future of UPS will include a drone fleet to monitor drivers and investigate accidents. The good news is that our PCM will still be read by a human, over a TV monitor from Atlanta.

Robert