Telematics on rentals?

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
I havent seen telematics in any rentals and as far as mobile telematics, just look at the datalink connector for those of you paranoid about it google it. Nothing comnected to it? You're good.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Don't worry about it, management doesn't care about safety reports during peak. Just ask my golf cart helper about working in the dark with a golf cart, with no headlights.
My bulkhead door doesn't stay closed. I think I have a bad key fob that keeps clicking the latch open. Automotive says they don't have time to repair it as it is not a priority this time of year. Don't even bother closing it anymore. I must show up on some report showing 200 miles with the door open.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have talked to guys that were here back in the day of wooden shelves and paper delivery records and have heard all the stories about how it was. Funny thing, it seems that drivers were safer back then and there were less accidents.

Maybe because all we had to get us through the day safely was our eyes, ears and brain we were more aware of what was going on around us. When you backed into a spot you REALLY looked at what you were getting yourself into--not just glanced at a screen.

Indecisi0n

I found a mobile telematics antenna in my seat. Do yourself a favor and cut a slit in the center of the seat from top to bottom and you should see it then remove it.

onehandsolo

I thought they turned of telematics during peak because helpers r often stop completing stops while the driver is during around or on his way to another stop.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don't worry about it, management doesn't care about safety reports during peak. Just ask my golf cart helper about working in the dark with a golf cart, with no headlights.
And you know damn well if a car hit the golf cart ups would find the "driver" of the cart at fault..

McGee

My bulkhead door doesn't stay closed. I think I have a bad key fob that keeps clicking the latch open. Automotive says they don't have time to repair it as it is not a priority this time of year. Don't even bother closing it anymore. I must show up on some report showing 200 miles with the door open.

Bungee cord that thing...well maybe not then its something you have to remove every stop to get in the back.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Saw a FedEx Ground truck pull in to a driveway with the bulkhead door open, packages in the cab, and with the engine running, he made the stop and then, backed out...I miss the good old days!

Gear

Parts on Order
Unless its a REAL safety issue, dont write up the rentals. You're not getting new tires on the rental. Just drive the truck. When you rent a truck from Penske or wherever for personal use, you get what you get. Same idea applies while driving a rental as a UPS driver.

Indecisi0n

Unless its a REAL safety issue, dont write up the rentals. You're not getting new tires on the rental. Just drive the truck. When you rent a truck from Penske or wherever for personal use, you get what you get. Same idea applies while driving a rental as a UPS driver.
Write it up to CYA.