Telematics vs. Human Beings

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS Driver - My On Road Sup asked:

"Why were you at that bulk stop for 18 minutes when the computer says that you should of been done in 10 minutes?"

... Really.
My usual reply in this situation was, "Compensating variables in allowance application are compensated for in the variables within the allowance development."

It usually slowed them down enough for me to get away.

Note: Within I.E. we just said "Compensating variables compensate".

rod

Retired 22 years
My usual reply in this situation was, "Compensating variables in allowance application are compensated for in the variables within the allowance development."

It usually slowed them down enough for me to get away.

Note: Within I.E. we just said "Compensating variables compensate".

I thought you would just plead "double standards":-)

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
"because I've had too many people asking me stupid questions" -------then look him in the eye and smile
Lately, I have been doing what's called breaking the 4th wall. The last couple of times I had a supe talk to me, I would look away and talk to an imaginary audience. I have found it keeps me from getting worked up and I actually rather enjoy being a jerk during these discussions.

Siveriano

I got called into the office once for being "non productive" for 6 minutes and 13 seconds, even tho after those 6 minutes i did 12 stops on 15 minutes.
I just told him i had no idea what those 6 minutes mean and that it was impossible for him to tell me that during 6 minutes i did nothing productive.

Telematics fail big time. Another time a SUP followed me for 20 minutes out of my route to gave me a battery, next day got called into the office because the " telematics" shown that i drove out of my route for "nothing" so i told the. The last 4 digits of the bowflex i delivered and the last name of the person signing for it. This was the last time they tried to talk to me about their telematics.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Computer said 10. Be gone in 5.....
It's funny when the allowance is say 15 minutes and you do it in 10 and they never say anything about that. "Hey, how come you did it 5 minutes faster?"

most feeder drivers know all the allowances and since most supes are d about this sort of thing , they take every damn minute .

WorknLateHuh

You were looking for a package? C'mon man, you can't think of a reason to get held up at a stop? Diad had an unexpected restart........had to take a leak......couldn't find anyone to sign.......another truck was parked on the dock......... Come on!!!

Or, ... I stopped for a minute to have a good cry.

StoptheAct1212

I remeber once this telemaics came to be.. now im a go getter, always under never over.....they changed time alowences on routes... manager would come up to me and say why am i over, my answer was.... change the numbers that are made up, and i wont be over.. and i said dont ever fckn tell me i ran over again.. :censored2: your numbers.... never heard a complaint again.... btw i bust routes out. Not a slug.. or dragger..

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I remeber once this telemaics came to be.. now im a go getter, always under never over.....they changed time alowences on routes... manager would come up to me and say why am i over, my answer was.... change the numbers that are made up, and i wont be over.. and i said dont ever fckn tell me i ran over again.. :censored2: your numbers.... never heard a complaint again.... btw i bust routes out. Not a slug.. or dragger..
Cool

In2Deep?

"Because that's how long it takes. Please adjust my dispatch accordingly."

Next time he wants to ask you a dumb question like that tell him you want it asked with union representation on the clock. That usually gets them to stop asking dumb questions they already know the answer to

Last edited:

In2Deep?

I wouldn't suggest dropping friend bombs since you can definitely get fired for that. Happened to a driver in my center recently.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wouldn't suggest dropping friend bombs since you can definitely get fired for that. Happened to a driver in my center recently.

We had a driver drop several friend bombs while delivering to a business. Owner called in a rude hourly recreating what happened and stating that she did not want her personal information added to the concern as she was worried he may come back.

He is still working.