Telematics

1989NW

Does management have to pull telematics at the request of the driver? I am being accused of somthing and i want them to pull my telematics to show exactly where i was at a specific time so that i have proof that i am innocent.

Last edited:

Box Ox

I know they can but do they have to? If i am requesting my telematics so that i can see it do they have to show me?

If you get dicked around with, call your union business agent on the spot. Tell him you think you've been falsely accused of something and telematics that might prove your innocence are being withheld. Let him deal with it.

brownIEman

Does management have to pull telematics at the request of the driver? I am being accused of somthing and i want them to pull my telematics to show exactly where i was at a specific time so that i have proof that i am innocent.

As far as I know there is nothing in the contract that would force management to pull telematics for you. The system belongs to the company and the union fights to make the reports irrelevant (no discipline based on electronics) they do not fight to apply importance to those reports.
That said, it's usually a relatively painless process to pull the report, not really sure why your management wouldn't want to help you out.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Article 4 stewards
"If a supplement has no provision allowing a Local Union to request documents/information with regard to pending grievances, the following shall be incorporated into the Supplement: 'The Employer shall, upon written request, provide the Local Union or the steward designated by the Local Union, with documents/information that is reasonably related (based on NRLA standards) to the pending grievance'"

You would have to file a grievance and have a steward or BA request any related information. The payroll system is owned by the company, but payroll reports are often needed to investigate grievances, so system ownership does not give UPS the right to withhold relevant information.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Who is accusing you?

If it is UPS, and you know that telematics will prove you innocent, they already know so tell them to shove it.

If it is a customer, they don't have to, but they should have their employees backs and pull it for you, depending on what you're being accused of.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You are innocent. What proof of guilt do they have?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
As far as I know there is nothing in the contract that would force management to pull telematics for you. The system belongs to the company and the union fights to make the reports irrelevant (no discipline based on electronics) they do not fight to apply importance to those reports.
That said, it's usually a relatively painless process to pull the report, not really sure why your management wouldn't want to help you out.
Because they hate us..... where the hell have you been the last 30 years???

brownIEman

Because they hate us..... where the hell have you been the last 30 years???

As an ORS, I would have been happy to print that report for just about any driver in the center, even the ones I didn't care for. Now, the one or two drivers who constantly went out of their way to be complete :censored2:bags EVERY time I needed to talk to them about anything, well, in those cases the report might have been tougher to find... Just sayin'

browned out

I know they can but do they have to? If i am requesting my telematics so that i can see it do they have to show me?

Get after it. Ask for the records with your steward present and your business agent on speaker phone. Text your request on your personal phone to mgmt and to the union official. Send a Diad 2 way requesting the records and ask for a copy of that message also. Make a phone call to the center and to the local on your break or lunch requesting the records in question. Many in UPS mgmt. have a history of dishonesty, retaliation, workplace violence and not being forthright.

And...if you are in a Hoffa slappy local; you may have to worry about the union as well.

Protect yourself; get the records. Keep following the methods.

Good luck.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Management doesn't have to just because a driver asks, but if a steward requests them to investigate a grievance then the company must, by law, provide all documentation requested. Unless the documentation violates someone's confidentiality, for example medical records.

RolloTony Brown Town

Get after it. Ask for the records with your steward present and your business agent on speaker phone. Text your request on your personal phone to mgmt and to the union official. Send a Diad 2 way requesting the records and ask for a copy of that message also. Make a phone call to the center and to the local on your break or lunch requesting the records in question. Many in UPS mgmt. have a history of dishonesty, retaliation, workplace violence and not being forthright.

And...if you are in a Hoffa slappy local; you may have to worry about the union as well.

Protect yourself; get the records. Keep following the methods.

Good luck.

To the OP:

Interpersonal relationships are key in your career and in life. Think about the message that this quote says about YOU.

Most on road supervisors would most definitely pull telematics for you upon request.

If they do not then as this person said... get after it. If you didn’t do anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Management doesn't have to just because a driver asks, but if a steward requests them to investigate a grievance then the company must, by law, provide all documentation requested. Unless the documentation violates someone's confidentiality, for example medical records.

While what you said is true, the OP hasn't said who is accusing him and of what.

If it is not a UPS matter and they are not involved, no, they do not have to.

Wife accusing hubby of screwing her best friend on Tuesday while he was on lunch.

Hubby wants the telematics to prove he was nowhere near her house.

UPS is not legally required to turn them over.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
While what you said is true, the OP hasn't said who is accusing him and of what.

If it is not a UPS matter and they are not involved, no, they do not have to.

Wife accusing hubby of screwing her best friend on Tuesday while he was on lunch.

Hubby wants the telematics to prove he was nowhere near her house.

UPS is not legally required to turn them over.

If he is being disciplined the Union can request the info.

Like you said, other than official proceedings.... the answer is no.

cachmeifucan

Call 1800 220 4126 ups help line starts a paper trail. Then they send a ups hr rep to investigate then they have to report back to Atlanta. And management covers for each other but Atlanta doesn't care and might help scare management into false accusations

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So, what are you accused of?