Tell me about your bad day

Rawrzxor

Thank you- wasn't prying or intending to judge; just curious as my Dad was everything and more to me.

No worries. I don't want my dad to be hurt or anything. I'd be sad if he died or tool ill, but aside from that, I really don't care about anything he says, because he's usually wrong. Nor do I want to spend time with him. He was just a bit of an ignorant, aggressive :censored2:.

Sparkey86

I Have an 18 yr old son. This year he worked as a driver helper. I have to say this is the best thing that ever happened to him. He has never had a job until now because he is still in high school and he has a 4.0 gpa and 30 ACT. Everyone needs work experience I don't care who you are or how smart you think you are. Anyway, my son helped everyday they called him sometimes 10 hrs a day on the hardest cardboard buffet route there is in our center. I was very proud of him to say the least. On Christmas Eve he and I were the last employees out and when we both finally made it home I sat him down and told him that what he has been been doing for the the last month was as good as it gets for someone who is extremely lucky with no education. He looked at me and said "I understand dad...I don't want to have to do this for the rest of my life. I'm getting an education." Mission Accomplished.

Last edited:

Sparkey86

He enjoyed it very much. I kept in communication with the driver he was helping and he said he was great. Learned the diad in just minutes. And had to really do nothing as far as instruction. It is a great experience for a young man.

Rawrzxor

I heard a comic the other day say he had 2 boys. One he was going to put through college and the other one through a wall.

Parents still put their kids through college? I thought that was a rich people thing. My father took the alternative route and put both of his sons through a wall, and neither of us through college.

I Have an 18 yr old son. This year he worked as a driver helper. I have to say this is the best thing that ever happened to him. He has never had a job until now because he is still in high school and he has a 4.0 gpa and 30 ACT. Everyone needs work experience I don't care who you are or how smart you think you are. Anyway, my son helped everyday they called him sometimes 10 hrs a day on the hardest cardboard buffet route there is in our center. I was very proud of him to say the least. On Christmas Eve he and I were the last employees out and when we both finally made it home I sat him down and told him that what he has been been doing for the the last month was as good as it gets for someone who is extremely lucky with no education. He looked at me and said "I understand dad...I don't want to have to do this for the rest of my life. I'm getting an education." Mission Accomplished.

If he ever loses that epiphany, have him work as a loader. That's an epiphany that lasts for a lifetime. Sounds like you did a good job on your kid.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I always said I wanted to freeze-dry teens and then add water when they are 26.
My buddy said his marriage counselor wouldn't let his kids get married until after 25. He said a person changes more from 20-25 than any other period in their life.

I'm a little worried for my brother in this aspect he's 30 and will soon be marrying what I would consider an immature 23 year old.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Good work. That being said, you can have a part time job all through high school and still be 4.0.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My buddy said his marriage counselor wouldn't let his kids get married until after 25. He said a person changes more from 20-25 than any other period in their life.

I'm a little worried for my brother in this aspect he's 30 and will soon be marrying what I would consider an immature 23 year old.
I scooped my wife up when she was 20, she was 24 when she got married and I was 30. No way in hell I was getting married before 30, had too much tail to burn up before I retired from the game lmfao

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I scooped my wife up when she was 20, she was 24 when she got married and I was 30. No way in hell I was getting married before 30, had too much tail to burn up before I retired from the game lmfao
Wife and I got married at 21/23. Looking back now I'm like wtf were we thinking?!?!?!?!?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yesterday, a driver took off while I was halfway inside the truck. I fell and :censored2:ed my leg and wrist up a bit. This is the second time that driver pulled out while I was still in the back. The first time was a month ago, but no harm was done, since I was all the way in the truck: I just jumped out and back into the hub. That was funny. This time, less so. If it happens again, I'm done letting it go.

Not only that, but right after, the new truck came, and I got ass :censored2:ed. Boxes everywhere. I do two trailers, and they both got hit. Then, I got audited...

On top, I had only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before.

Don't even get me started on rush hour traffic, yesterday. I was an hour late.

All things considered, not the worst day I've had at UPS.

A car washer/shifter did it right? Some of them can be a real scab of an idiot.