"Tell the truth" harmony stories: Share yours here.

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
I applaud all the honest workers at UPS and respect your efforts to live your lives in harmony with your jobs at UPS.
When you work at UPS for the money and don't define yourself as a person based on your job at UPS, you are at one with I.

It is an unfortunate fact that at UPS some unbalanced, often workaholic, people are here too. They come in all shapes and sizes. They hold a variety of positions both management and hourly. What is important in your life, is your family and friends and you must look inside yourself to define who and what you are as a person.

Sometimes, discordant practices that are generally accepted in an area of UPS adversely affects the karma of some genuinely harmonious people in those areas. Many UPS employees can not empathize because they don't know what others have to experience regularly as they try to make sense of it all. If you have been put in this situation, you are not alone. It could very well be that every UPSer has lost their identity by responding to directions from management or the Union.

Have you ever "been directed" and felt that this direction was incongruent with the essence of what you are as a person and with which you weren't 100% comfortable?

Please share your story here!

This question applies to everyone: Part-time sups, full-time sups, middle and upper managers, unloaders, sorters, preloaders, hub loaders, irreg handlers and pito drivers, drivers (package and feeder), auto mechanics, PE mechanics, first responders, DMP employees (management and hourly), safety committee co-chairs(management and hourly), safety committee members and any that I may have left out.

Insincerely,
I

satellitedriver

I had to read through the babble, to find your question.
-(which is)-
Have you ever "been directed" and felt that this direction was incongruent with the essence of what you are as a person and with which you weren't 100% comfortable?
My answer is, No.
I have been 100% true to my "essence", nor have I ever been asked, or directed, to be comfortable doing this job.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Be careful! This sounds like an infomercial. The only part thats missing is the free CD, you'll only have to pay for shipping and handling. Probably originated out of Nigeria. God Bless.

Integrity

Binge Poster
How does one, in essence, tell them apart?

Hoaxster,
The intrinsic or indispensable property that characterizes someone who has integrity is honesty, the intrinsic or indispensable property that characterizes someone who is insincere is hypocrisy.

So far Insincerity seems very sincere.

Sincerely,
I

happybob

Feeders
I wasn't directed to do it, but I once had to take a dump and did it in a dr bag. It really didn't make me fell congruent with the essance of myself, but would have felt worse if I did it in my pants. Does that count? lmao

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster,
The intrinsic or indispensable property that characterizes someone who has integrity is honesty, the intrinsic or indispensable property that characterizes someone who is insincere is hypocrisy.

Sincerely,
I
Yes, I agree.
They both seem to be a peace with themselves and at one with themselves.
It is indeed hard to tell them apart. It seems that they are both I.

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
Hoaxster,

Sincerely,
I

Yes, I agree.
They both seem to be a peace with themselves and at one with themselves.
It is indeed hard to tell them apart. It seems that they are both I.

things may not be as they seem
a pebble thrown into the pond sends out concentric rings of a certain amplitude and frequency and sinks to the bottom
a twig thrown into the pond sends out concentric rings of a certain amplitude and frequency and floats
in that instant after the rock has sunk, the casual observer knows not what caused the waves
in that instant after the wood rises and floats, the casual observer knows the wood caused the waves
who cares what caused the waves and what can be done about it?

I lives in the moment not aware there are waves and unaware of that which did not cause waves

tieguy

Banned
a pebble thrown into the pond sends out concentric rings of a certain amplitude and frequency and sinks to the bottom
a twig thrown into the pond sends out concentric rings of a certain amplitude and frequency and floats
in that instant after the rock has sunk, the casual observer knows not what caused the waves
in that instant after the wood rises and floats, the casual observer knows the wood caused the waves

I lives in the moment not aware there are waves and unaware of that which did not cause waves

That is some awesome bullshcat! Integrity has his hands full!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I believe you are using the casual viewer in the meaning that the viewer did not see the event but is viewing the effects of the event.
If so, then the casual viewer could be mislead by seeing the wood and assuming it caused the waves but it was actually a pebble thrown at the wood that caused the waves.
Is that what you mean by "things may not be as they seem?"

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
I believe you are using the casual viewer in the meaning that the viewer did not see the event but is viewing the effects of the event.
If so, then the casual viewer could be mislead by seeing the wood and assuming it caused the waves but it was actually a pebble thrown at the wood that caused the waves.
Is that what you mean by "things may not be as they seem?"

yes

what is knowing?

Re-Raise

I bet you drive by some of your stops don't you?

Or is this what management talks about when they should be balancing the dispatch?