Temp driver end date/question

UPSGUY72

We're told we can't. The union or at least our local gave the company a pass on this one.

In all honesty what can you do if your steward and BA say no its fine.

Whole told you couldn't file ?? Who in your local gave the company "a pass on this one" was there a vote at your local months meeting? OR did the BA just say so. Why have a contract if one person can just make changes as they see fit. The new contract is either in effect or not.

File file file

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Whole told you couldn't file ?? Who in your local gave the company "a pass on this one" was there a vote at your local months meeting? OR did the BA just say so. Why have a contract if one person can just make changes as they see fit. The new contract is either in effect or not.

File file file
I totally agree with you if I had 20+ years in I would raise hell. However I don't really want to piss off the people who will be fighting to get my job back should it ever come to that.

The ones that should be filing I would guess are the seasonals that are still working.

Brownslave688

I am seeing the same thing here. "We can work helpers and temp covers according to the new contract."
It's a shame we are working under the OLD one.

The excuse I got was pretty much.

Company: we thought we would have this all wrapped up by now and it wouldn't be an issue.

Union(local): yeah you're right. Proceed.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Bottom line is that once we ratify the contract it is retroactively in force as demonstrated by the big retro checks we'll be getting so pointless to fight the implementation of something the union has already approved.

Brownslave688

Bottom line is that once we ratify the contract it is retroactively in force as demonstrated by the big retro checks we'll be getting so pointless to fight the implementation of something the union has already approved.
Not true. If this were the case we in the central could be filing for triple time on 9.5's this whole time and would just get a large retro check.

The company has used it to implement what THEY want and the union has let it slide.

Inthegame

I totally agree with you if I had 20+ years in I would raise heck. However I don't really want to piss off the people who will be fighting to get my job back should it ever come to that.

The ones that should be filing I would guess are the seasonals that are still working.
Please provide the Article a seasonal would be allowed to file under.

CRT Art1 Sec 1 states using any non-seniority employee past Dec 31 allows any days worked by those employees prior to Nov 1 to count toward their 30 in 90. The post peak volume is nuts, has been for years and thats exactly why UPS proposed and prevailed in getting the "free period" extended in the yet to be ratified deal. Using seasonals now, under the existing language gets exactly what you want...seniority (if they get enough days). Hopefully volume will continue to be high or crap weather will increase the need. I hope you encouraged your fellow employees to max out the vacation weeks in January helping to create the need.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I totally agree with you if I had 20+ years in I would raise heck. However I don't really want to piss off the people who will be fighting to get my job back should it ever come to that.

How about saving up some of that sweet drivers money and hire a good lawyer to get your job back? You don't really need the union, only the contract and a good lawyer.