Temp pay raises for Target, WalMart, Best Buy, Speedway, etc...and bonuses from some companies!

Godzilla55

Many companies are paying “Frontline “ employees $2-$4 more an hour during this cluster. But not Fedex. And I’m sure they will get some of that airline bailout money somehow. This company claims they’re doing everything possible but it’s a joke. Take that “Fedex Cares” and stick it up your %#*!...

bacha29

Business as usual. People that work for Fedex should feel blessed that they get to work and collect full paychecks.
Really great huh? As in working for a Ground contractor running 6 days a week 70 hour work week and out there with no sick pay no health insurance and no life insurance? Is that what you call a blessing? Sounds more like a death march.

I am FedEx

Bacha, nobody forces the Ground drivers to continuously show up and work for their wages / benefits. If I recall, anyone is welcome to walk away at any time. I think if they are unhappy with their career, they should simply seek other options. They are paid what the market dictates, a fair wage. They are ultimately unskilled workers with no education or special certifications after all.

bacha29

Bacha, nobody forces the Ground drivers to continuously show up and work for their wages / benefits. If I recall, anyone is welcome to walk away at any time. I think if they are unhappy with their career, they should simply seek other options. They are paid what the market dictates, a fair wage. They are ultimately unskilled workers with no education or special certifications after all.
Which in your opinion makes them cheap expendable and therefore represent a lesser class of humanity.

I am FedEx

Surely you don’t think a Ground driver deserves to be paid like someone with a 4 year degree? Do you? They are paid what they deserve. Unskilled labor... Unless you assume they are skilled because they can drive an automobile?

bacha29

Surely you don’t think a Ground driver deserves to be paid like someone with a 4 year degree? Do you? They are paid what they deserve. Unskilled labor... Unless you assume they are skilled because they can drive an automobile?
They are wearing the Fedex uniforms driving Fedex branded trucks operating under Fedex DOT number delivering Fedex bar coded boxes subjected to the same policies and disciplines as Fedex's own employees and in behalf of an OPCO whose revenues comprises 35% of the corporations total revenues but from that 35% total the corporation makes 60% of it profits.....

Ground contractors are not doing anything Fedex can't do themselves except for the only two reasons for which they exist period.....To provide trucking and drivers at wages Fedex would be too ashamed to pay their own employees and to serve as a firewall against the incursion of a union represented workforce.

So just how much do you think their worth in light of these facts?

I am FedEx

They are, and will be in the future, worth whatever they are willing to do the labor for. We appreciate the Ground force, however they are not employed through our corporate office and thus I do not advocate for them.

Working4the1%

Lol. Why should the company pay out 2-4$ extra... You are literally doing the same job. You’ll be okay.
“Now more than ever, we must abide by this, and I pray for the health of the country that we do,” McGregor said. “The fate of our lives and the lives of our loved ones depends on it. Connor McGregor takes it seriously. I Dont see the "You'll be Okay" in that quote

bacha29

They are, and will be in the future, worth whatever they are willing to do the labor for. We appreciate the Ground force, however they are not employed through our corporate office and thus I do not advocate for them.
But they're good enough to keep that corporate office going while Express planes are parked . So when i call you out with the questions of what you think they're worth you crawl under your corporate desk and hide behind the corporate banner.

And that's the entire irony of the matter They're not employed by the corporate office but are still subjected to all directives policies and disciplines and can go out and make the profits needed to keep that corporation afloat Oh sure that company is positioned for growth I guess that explains how the stock has gone fro 278 a little over a year ago to as low as 86 last week.

I am FedEx

Connor McGregor? The Irish nationalist? What in the world does he have to do with Fedex? Or anything in general? I assume you live somewhere in the continental US and therefore are nearly half-way across the world from Ireland.

I am FedEx

Again, I’d like to thank the Contractors and Drivers at the Ground Operation. You are essential to the overall operation of Fedex, however you knew going into this your not apart of our corporate workforce. Thus, your not entitled to what we offer the Express operation.

Working4the1%

Again, I’d like to thank the Contractors and Drivers at the Ground Operation. You are essential to the overall operation of Fedex, however you knew going into this your not apart of our corporate workforce. Thus, your not entitled to what we offer the Express operation.
You forgot to end it with SUCKERS !!!

bacha29

They not entitled? Could it be due to the fact that Ground's net operating margin has for years been double that of the Express OPCO?

I am FedEx

They should be thankful we allow them to deliver the freight for us. We provide thousands of jobs to unskilled workers, and bolster the economy. Ground is expanding at a rapid pace thus creating more jobs. We will continue to work with Ground contractors and create growth for the operation as a whole.

bacha29

They should be thankful we allow them to deliver the freight for us. We provide thousands of jobs to unskilled workers, and bolster the economy. Ground is expanding at a rapid pace thus creating more jobs. We will continue to work with Ground contractors and create growth for the operation as a whole.
Take a moment and look at the online job boards Page after page after page of contractors desperately trying to find that unskilled labor you think is in such an abundant supply. The only trouble is they're offering the same pay they offered 5 years ago or longer because of rate and settlement erosion they can't offer more than fast food wages and zero benefits. They'll only last as contractors until they come to the point where the cheap labor supply in their given market is exhausted.
In fact the broker board I follow had 18 new contracts listed (two weeks ago 87) In the past you would be lucky if you saw 3 contracts listed and always with an asking price of at least a years volume. But, of those 18 today 16 of them came with asking prices below 1 year volume and some a couple asking for only half a year's volume. So much about creating jobs. That contractor settlement with terms and rates dictated by Ground determines what a contractor can pay. If he can get enough qualified people who actually give a rodent's expletive deleted about the job itself fine....If he can't ......that's just his tough luck.