Tendered to local post office, how long it takes?

charli3

Hey guys, new here.

I have been using the ups service for months, and i have a question regarding my package status.
It says: TENDERED TO LOCAL POST OFFICE

What does it mean? and how long does it take to delivery?
The package just reached the location yesterday...Im sorry for my ignorance on this. :dissapointed:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hey guys, new here.

I have been using the ups service for months, and i have a question regarding my package status.
It says: TENDERED TO LOCAL POST OFFICE

What does it mean? and how long does it take to delivery?
The package just reached the location yesterday...Im sorry for my ignorance on this. :dissapointed:

I would guess the next day, however it is the P.O. :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

charli3, your package was sent using our Basic service. We carry it from warehouse to Post Office and they will deliver it to your home. It is normally the following day.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Good luck with this, I had a package come this way from FedEx.. the driver actually made a stop right next door the same day.... later my package found its way to the post office, no big deal right, this was 3 weeks ago. No one can tell me what has happened it seems to be gone forever...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good luck with this, I had a package come this way from FedEx.. the driver actually made a stop right next door the same day.... later my package found its way to the post office, no big deal right, this was 3 weeks ago. No one can tell me what has happened it seems to be gone forever...

...and this is the part of Basic (or Smart Post) that I dislike. It is not a big issue in the city as we deliver most of the Basic packages but is a big deal in the country. I can recall many times driving by a house or even having other pkgs for that house but being unable to deliver their Basics directly to them. I would bring these to the Post Office only to have them turn around and deliver them the following day.

over9five

Staff member
Also, the tracking sucks. I was tracking one once, and it said it was delivered to an address in my town. I thought it was misdelivered because it gave no indication it was delivered to the PO.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have noticed Amazon free delivery that frequently uses Surepost takes longer now. It used to be almost as fast as the Prime members 2 day service (3 or 4 days instead of 2) but now it takes more like a week or two. I think Amazon is purposely dragging their feet to try to get more people to pay for Prime. Still, you get what you pay for - slow and free or pay more to get it quicker.

bluehdmc

I have noticed Amazon free delivery that frequently uses Surepost takes longer now. It used to be almost as fast as the Prime members 2 day service (3 or 4 days instead of 2) but now it takes more like a week or two. I think Amazon is purposely dragging their feet to try to get more people to pay for Prime. Still, you get what you pay for - slow and free or pay more to get it quicker.

If you order a lot from Amazon, Prime isn't a bad deal, plus you get Amazon video, (like Netflix). And, if you order something and it doesn't make the 2day window, I contact Amazon, "Where's my package?" and to make up for it they extend my prime membership for a month.

Orders placed Friday for Sunday delivery seem to work best. The Post Office has scanned it as delivered and it wasn't. (Amazon contacted the USPS and they said the "accidently scanned it". ) One time it scanned as "available for pickup at the post office", I told Amazon if I wanted to go out and pick it up, I would have driven to a mall and purchased it.
Amazon's response, "Well were very sorry, we'll extend your Prime membership for another month." Win, Win for me.

Last edited: