Terminated before making union

I was hired as a combo driver and have been driving solo for the last 2 weeks. One supervisor says I need to pick up the pace and another says I’m doing a good job. Today the supervisor tells me I’m terminated because 1. this morning I went to make a cup of coffee in the terminal during company time, 2. that when the supervisor came to talk to me this morning, I seemed bothered by him, and 3. I showed no improvement on my pace. I’m in shock because I’ve always showed up on time and delivered as fast as I can with the surplus of packages during the pandemic. Can I appeal the termination? Do I have any hope since I haven’t made Union yet? I also feel like they’re targeting me because the guy I was in Integrad with comes back to the terminal the same time as I do but doesn’t get :censored2: for it like I do. Please advise

clean hairy

You can be let go for any reason while on your probationary time.
Making coffe on company time instead of doing work was not a good move and may have done you in.
What else besides work have you done on company time?
Sat and eaten breakfast?

Package Stick

"Send it."
You can be let go for any reason while on your probationary time.
Making coffe on company time instead of doing work was not a good move and may have done you in.
What else besides work have you done on company time?
Sat and eaten breakfast?
I avoided going to the bathroom/anything but work before I made it. Gotta suck em off before you make them BLOW YOU.

542thruNthru

I was hired as a combo driver and have been driving solo for the last 2 weeks. One supervisor says I need to pick up the pace and another says I’m doing a good job. Today the supervisor tells me I’m terminated because 1. this morning I went to make a cup of coffee in the terminal during company time, 2. that when the supervisor came to talk to me this morning, I seemed bothered by him, and 3. I showed no improvement on my pace. I’m in shock because I’ve always showed up on time and delivered as fast as I can with the surplus of packages during the pandemic. Can I appeal the termination? Do I have any hope since I haven’t made Union yet? I also feel like they’re targeting me because the guy I was in Integrad with comes back to the terminal the same time as I do but doesn’t get :censored2: for it like I do. Please advise

Sorry man this isn't a office job. We get paid by the hour. You don’t go make a cup of joe while on the clock.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

The sup was mad that you drank the last cup and didn't make a fresh pot. That is a cardinal sin, the union wouldn't have been able to save you.

04aca879980396020a54dff33d107e70.gif

churn n’ burn

Sounds like you may have done more to piss someone off. Do what you gotta do before you clock in. Once you do, you should be at your truck. Also, if someone is giving you :censored2:, just take it, tell them what they want to hear, you have no say in anything yet.

quad decade guy

What's a terminal? That's Fed-Ex speak.

Does getting a cup of coffee substitute for water? Could be argued he was hydrating.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Am i the only one wondering why theres a coffee maker, free for the hourlies to use?!

I'm wondering why coffee ?

You see these new young drivers, with a 12oz Redbull in their diad pouch.

Can I appeal the termination?

Unfortunately.... no.

"(a) Probationary employees: a new employee shall work under the provisions of this Agreement but shall be employed only on a thirty (30) working day trial basis, during which period he/she may be discharged without further recourse; provided however, that the Employer may not discharge or discipline for the purpose of evading this Agreement or discriminating against union members."