Terminated For Altercation- Need my job back

brown_trousers

I do wish i was able to walk away, but like i said- he came up in my face and there was no where to really go.

Next time someone gets in your face, throw yourself backwards into the wall or something, and then fake a painful injury. Make it convincing.

It works really well for those guys in the NBA

Skooney

We have 2 guys that went to battle in a can on the sort. Still employed 10 years later. They didn't do :censored2: but sit them out a couple weeks.

DOK

Whats up fellow Teamsters-
I have been terminated from UPS after being attacked by another teamster. We work out in C-sort (temp building out in the cold) where the weather takes a toll on us all. Now that the weather is cold, I have been turning on the heater from time to time, and my co-worker lost it stating it's too hot and he came face to face to me trying to intimidate me. My automatic reaction was to shove him away from me and following- he threw punches. I did not throw one punch but was able to restrain him; however, our union rep(steward) pulled me off him allowing him to stand up and take a cheap shot at my face. I argued that I was not the main aggressor but was still let go. I tried contacting my Union President, but he was not there on the day of the incident(Friday) and is gone the next week. I left him a voice mail and have not heard back from him. I am lost, confused, angry, and unsettled. I filed a police report due to the advise given to me; however, I just want to know how to get my job back. Steward told me on the way out that I will get my job back....nothing else
Any help, advise, or experience helps,
your fellow brother,
k-loader

I’d say you’ll get your job back, peak approaching may help in that regard.

Do stop back and let us know how it all plays out.

rickyb

I have been terminated from UPS after being attacked by another teamster. We work out in C-sort (temp building out in the cold) where the weather takes a toll on us all. Now that the weather is cold, I have been turning on the heater from time to time, and my co-worker lost it stating it's too hot and he came face to face to me trying to intimidate me. My automatic reaction was to shove him away from me and following- he threw punches. I did not throw one punch but was able to restrain him; however, our union rep(steward) pulled me off him allowing him to stand up and take a cheap shot at my face. I argued that I was not the main aggressor but was still let go. I tried contacting my Union President, but he was not there on the day of the incident(Friday) and is gone the next week. I left him a voice mail and have not heard back from him. I am lost, confused, angry, and unsettled. I filed a police report due to the advise given to me; however, I just want to know how to get my job back. Steward told me on the way out that I will get my job back....nothing else
your fellow brother,
k-loader
this POS tried fighting me at work. he made an ass out of himself. one of the guys is real good and got in between us. i told him if you :censored2:ing touch me ill call the cops and take you to court. he tried to shake on it with me, but i dont him dont talk to me.

if he ever gets out of line again im ratting him out.

fighting is harder work than pretending to work. so i dont do it.

F

Frankie's Friend

this POS tried fighting me at work. he made an ass out of himself. one of the guys is real good and got in between us. i told him if you :censored2:ing touch me ill call the cops and take you to court. he tried to shake on it with me, but i dont him dont talk to me.

C4DB7148-5B62-42D9-A044-ABB3B848D2C6.gif

john chesney

your fellow brother,
k-loader
UPS is very nervous about work place violence. Can you imagine you doing something else down the road the lawyers would have a field day. Get witness statements I’ve seen that save some jobs like this case. Of course get your business agents help

BrownRecycler

Just says that he fell on his own arms and want to take it out on you. And, you shove. He took action. He was the one with deeper problem than you.

Pretending to work in a co op could get you beat up. That’s probably why you don’t work/own at one.

rickyb

Pretending to work in a co op could get you beat up. That’s probably why you don’t work/own at one.
the govt is against that sortve thing considering the capitalists want to perpetuate the system they are currently the beneficiaries of.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
your fellow brother,
k-loader
this is a terrible job. Go apply for mgmt at burger king.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Your mistake was shoving him.
Should have punch him in the face.
Once it became physical you were going to get fired either way.
Should have made it count and knocked him the eff out

cachmeifucan

Go call the police. They can't help you they not coming to your hearing, they not a witness and nobody wants to help a snitch. It takes 2 to tango hope you got in contact with ba because you only have a limited time to file. And if he doesn't file on time you have to file a labor charge on him for failure to represent you. I'm a basshole but I would never hit anyone at my job even if they hit me first.