Termination Question

DamnIt!

Today I Was Terminated After Working As A Driver From Oct 31 Of 2016. In the month of Jan I got into my 2nd accident when I backed my package car out of a dead end which had a shed that I made contact with I then inspected the package car and shed which had no type of damage I then left the scene without contacting my supervisor because I thought that there was no need because there was no type of damage. Today I was informed that I was being terminated because they thought that I was trying to conceal an accident. I explained to them there was no damage to both the shed or the package car but I still got terminated no warning letter nttn. Do I have a case here?.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Today I Was Terminated After Working As A Driver From Oct 31 Of 2016. In the month of Jan I got into my 2nd accident when I backed my package car out of a dead end which had a shed that I made contact with I then inspected the package car and shed which had no type of damage I then left the scene without contacting my supervisor because I thought that there was no need because there was no type of damage. Today I was informed that I was being terminated because they thought that I was trying to conceal an accident. I explained to them there was no damage to both the shed or the package car but I still got terminated no warning letter nttn. Do I have a case here?.

You always grieve a termination, but two accident in four months are not good. How did they find out about the accident

DamnIt!

You always grieve a termination, but two accident in four months are not good. How did they find out about the accident
I know that it's bad but I was specially told that u can get up to 2 accident but the third is called for termination and the found out because to owner of the shed notified my manager

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I know that it's bad but I was specially told that u can get up to 2 accident but the third is called for termination and the found out because to owner of the shed notified my manager
So the owner is claiming damage to their property, but because there is no documentation to back up your claim of no damage ,because you didn't tell management about it. UPS will pay for a new shed.
You will be lucky to get your job back

DamnIt!

I know that it's bad but I was specially told that u can't get up to 2 accident but the third is called for termination and the found out because to owner of the shed notified my manager
So the owner is claiming damage to their property, but because there is no documentation to back up your claim of no damage ,because you didn't tell management about it. UPS will pay for a new shed.
You will be lucky to get your job back
so I have no chance even if I contact my union rep?

km3

Why'd u ask?

They're supposed to provide you with a shop steward from the union. If they don't or didn't, you might have a better chance of getting your job back.

By the way, if you do get your job back, you need to make your steward your new best friend.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They're supposed to provide you with a shop steward from the union. If they don't or didn't, you might have a better chance of getting your job back.

By the way, if you do get your job back, you need to make your steward your new best friend.

Wrong.

He/she has to ask/demand a steward be present.

km3

Wrong.

He/she has to ask/demand a steward be present.

Which is precisely why I say he might have a better chance. Who's to say what the OP's local practices are on a matter like this? Some locals, as I've learned through here, don't allow you to choose which steward you have present. Mine does. And if an issue like that could vary from one local to another, wouldn't it be possible (albeit unlikely) that some locals have a practice such that stewards are to be automatically provided without needing to be asked for?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've seen guys who hit something and not realize it and or thought it was ok because of no damage and get their job back.... Btw, you look like a young mc hammer, just need the glasses...no joke. Just contact your union rep, all will be ok ... Peace out brother.