terrible vacation picks

orangeman

Pretty cut-throat where I am....as an example, we had a driver fired for 2d wizz-test failure and it only took about 5 seconds for his fellow drivers to force management to put his vacation weeks back into the pot. It was the right thing to do, but it still looked like jackals feeding off the dead fellow jackal. Funny.

QKRSTKR

They don't do that everywhere. When the vacation schedule is posted, the company does not have to change it. For example, I selected my weeks in package but was just moved to feeders. The vacations I selected in packages are the vacations I get in feeders. Package will not rebid the weeks I selected in packages, even though I won't be there.

Now if the vacation schedule wasn't finished and posted, then they should go back up.

Cementups

Box Monkey
They don't do that everywhere. When the vacation schedule is posted, the company does not have to change it. For example, I selected my weeks in package but was just moved to feeders. The vacations I selected in packages are the vacations I get in feeders. Package will not rebid the weeks I selected in packages, even though I won't be there.

Now if the vacation schedule wasn't finished and posted, then they should go back up.

Just like when you have a driver who is retiring and taking all 6 of his weeks right as he is walking out of the door. Usually the last half of August and the whole month of September.....gone!!!! We were fortunate enough to have a boss once that just let a driver take those weeks and not affect the amount of pics for the rest of the pool.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Just like when you have a driver who is retiring and taking all 6 of his weeks right as he is walking out of the door. Usually the last half of August and the whole month of September.....gone!!!! We were fortunate enough to have a boss once that just let a driver take those weeks and not affect the amount of pics for the rest of the pool.

Oops! I'm doing half of May and June!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

Welcome to the "show' hope you have enough juice to get a summer vaca next year off the feeder list !! I've just started yr 25 and it looks bleak !! enjoy your summer vaca !!!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Have enjoyed 7 weeks vacation/year for six years now. Went a long time without a summer vacation in my earlier years and now have a lot of time to make up for. Paid my dues and now am going to reap the rewards. Most years I have taken all vacation weeks from June through August when I can spend them with the family. A few years ago, my wife and I purchased a retirement condo on Kauai and have started to take a couple weeks in the spring to "practice" living there. You can bet the remaining five weeks are taken in the summer when the kids are home from school.
I would bet that these young bucks who want to go through the vacation schedule twice to let everyone get a chance at the prime weeks would change their tune as they moved up the seniority list.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We have 2 drivers taking their vaca's and 9 personal/option days right now. They 'retired' Jan. 1, but they are on the books til mid-March. It never affects out schedule.

Yes, I know it's not summer. I wasn't commenting on that.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Have enjoyed 7 weeks vacation/year for six years now. Went a long time without a summer vacation in my earlier years and now have a lot of time to make up for. Paid my dues and now am going to reap the rewards. Most years I have taken all vacation weeks from June through August when I can spend them with the family. A few years ago, my wife and I purchased a retirement condo on Kauai and have started to take a couple weeks in the spring to "practice" living there. You can bet the remaining five weeks are taken in the summer when the kids are home from school.
I would bet that these young bucks who want to go through the vacation schedule twice to let everyone get a chance at the prime weeks would change their tune as they moved up the seniority list.

Will you be my new best friend? I would love to see Hawaii.