Testing free classified ads.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We've got a new free classified ads section. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how the settings work, but it seems to be working well enough to give it a test run. By using the Service in any way, you are agreeing to comply with the TOS.

Remember that you are entirely responsible for each individual item that you buy or sell via this service.

If you feel you've been cheated in a transaction or that there is false advertising on the site, please let us know so we can look into it and be prepared to provide whatever help we can to police and other investigators

Your feedback and suggestions are welcome.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We've got a new free classified ads section. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how the settings work, but it seems to be working well enough to give it a test run. By using the Service in any way, you are agreeing to comply with the TOS.

Remember that you are entirely responsible for each individual item that you buy or sell via this service.

If you feel you've been cheated in a transaction or that there is false advertising on the site, please let us know so we can look into it and be prepared to provide whatever help we can to police and other investigators.

Your feedback and suggestions are welcome.
Oh boy.....goldmine for Klein !!
Bulova anyone ??

klein

Für Meno :)
Yeah, my gold mine...:)

Cheryl, think you need more sub-categories. You only have 4.
Your watch should be placed under jewlery/watches for example.
And electronics is another huge sub-category (Ipods, gps, stereos, etc).

But, it's a start... you can always add more :)

I like it ! :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I personally feel that this is a can of worms left unopened.

If I want to buy or sell something I go to eBay.

If I want to discuss issues related to UPS I go to Brown Cafe.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: the diamond pendant necklace.......you are never going to get $700 for that.
First, I can get a good look alike in cubic zirc......nobody at a party comes up to you with a jeweler's glass ....nobody knows if it's real or not, so nobody wants to pay $700 for it........and it'd be so much more reasonable in a knock off..

I have both real diamond rings and fake ones. I get more compliments on the fake ones!! You should've asked the prize committee, "If it's worth $700, can I have the money instead?"

klein

Für Meno :)
I'll get $700 easy ! Not even worried about it.
If I really wanted and needed to sell it, I could put it on consignment in a local jewlery store.
It's already appraised at $4000 ! So, if they sell it for $2000, I should be able to walk away with $1000.

Not worried at all.

Besides, I don't think Gold and diamonds will devalue the way the global economy is going. If anything, it's good to hang on to.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I personally feel that this is a can of worms left unopened.

If I want to buy or sell something I go to eBay.

If I want to discuss issues related to UPS I go to Brown Cafe.
It could be a bad idea... time will tell. There are a couple of people that wanted to post stuff for sale in the regular forum threads. This seemed like a better alternative. If it doesn't work out I'll pull the plug.

I think it's a great idea.

Cheryl, can you tie Paypal into this?
I have no idea... this is all new to me. I'll have to ask the guy that coded it.

Maybe we could sell UPS uniforms.
mmmmm.... no. I'll have to add that to the TOS.

Anybody have any UPS socks?
There is a UPS driver that asked about selling socks here a couple of times over the years. Haven't heard from him in a long time, but if I can remember what his username is I'll suggest that he can finally post an ad. The diad clip guy too, unfortunately I don't remember his username either.