TEXAS tattoos and drug test?

OG MIKE

hi i live in texas,im gonna start working as a package handler and work my way up to package car driver one day...just wondering the policy on drug test (not that i use) just wondering...but i do have one tattoo on my fore arm..can i just wear a long sleeve? thats what im planning to do,and the drug test thing,im just wondering if they drug test package car driver..just wanna know hows my job gonna be in the future

Catatonic

Nine Lives
hi i live in texas,im gonna start working as a package handler and work my way up to package car driver one day...just wondering the policy on drug test (not that i use) just wondering...but i do have one tattoo on my fore arm..can i just wear a long sleeve? thats what im planning to do,and the drug test thing,im just wondering if they drug test package car driver..just wanna know hows my job gonna be in the future

Definitely ... get clean.

bigbrownhen

If you get injured or are in an accident there will be a drug test, which is common in any job, but not an issue if you don't use anything illegal. Tatoos have to be covered if you drive or have customer contact, is my understanding.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Initial screening includes drug test. Periodic DOT physicals do not screen for drugs. Non CDL drivers are not tested after initial screen unless there is reasonable cause (fit for duty testing) to suspect drug abuse.

Re-Raise

I was just wondering how does one go about selling cell phones that have fallen out of packages?

Not that I would ever do that but I was just wondering what my job might be like If I ever become a driver.

BCFan

Go ahead with the drug usage but stop the tattoos while you still have some blank canvas left.... all upsers have a crutch they lean on some are drugs some are booze and some is the power we get from filing on ignorant sups working to get paid double time BC

OG MIKE

oh really! wow im surprised that every one put the tattoo thing isnt a big deal cuz on the ups website it says they dont allow visable tattoos..well thats great news for me..i really didnt want to remove it...oh and well i was just wondering because i was really close to becoming a border patrol agent and one of my BP buddys told me they get random drug test,and it didnt bother me cuz i dont use but thats just some thing thats part of the job in customs..didnt join cuz i didnt like the over all job,very long hours,not that much room to move up and mostly its just not for me..what they do every day just doesnt interest me,not my ideal job

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

oh really! wow im surprised that every one put the tattoo thing isnt a big deal cuz on the ups website it says they dont allow visable tattoos..well thats great news for me..i really didnt want to remove it...oh and well i was just wondering because i was really close to becoming a border patrol agent and one of my BP buddys told me they get random drug test,and it didnt bother me cuz i dont use but thats just some thing thats part of the job in customs..didnt join cuz i didnt like the over all job,very long hours,not that much room to move up and mostly its just not for me..what they do every day just doesnt interest me,not my ideal job

I think there are a few members here who would enjoy being part of the Border Patrol.... but I digress....the visible tattoo policy is for anyone who interacts with the public. You will be just fine in the hub. If you do ever become a driver you may have to wear long sleeve shirts.

1080Driver

Tats have never been an issue for us, a lot of the drivers (including myself) have visible tats & can't remember anyone being spoken to about covering them, but I guess just like anything else, it's handled differently in different areas.

if u even have 2 ask about drugs thats not a very good start. starting in the hub there is no drug screen atleast here in the south west. once u go drive thats another story, all tattoos must b covered. have drivers here who have 2 wear long sleeve shirts and pants-working in 105+ weather from end of may-end of august. those tats are not so cool now!

OG MIKE

my tat costed $150..its about 5 inches in length and about 5 and a half inches in width..its my family crest,my grandpa had it on his arm also...its an 18 hundred eagle with a crown and holding things on his feet..looks tight...well i guessw im gonna have to wear long sleeve in hot ass weather..i live in texas but in might as well be the desert...ive never regreted getting it until i read the ups web site lol but then again the hoes LOVE it lol

rocket man

the hoes ? you have a long road ahead of you befor becoming a driver. we have all been thru it so i wouldnt worry about your tat for while goodluck . skanks s a better word the hoes ho bags

stepitup

....oh God, I can see where this ^ is headed! Someone please derail this soon to be offensive thread. Never mind, I'll start........."sure was windy here in Michigan today"