texting - maybe this has been discussed already

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
How did the center manager know my driver was in my driveway for 21 min? Telematics.
Okay, and just out of curiousity, WHY was there a driver at your place for 21 minutes. Were there like 25 over 70lbs???:wink2:

And now what do you do? Do you key in that you've made the p/u and they had no packages going out? If so, that's falsifying records and telematics is there to prove you were not at that address when the stop was completed. TERMINATED!!
And just like Upstate said, "Shippers pay up to $20/week to see my smiling face every day."
Agreed!

bumped

I do not agree with drivers who call their pickups. Shippers pay up to $20/week to see my smiling face every day.

How is your mgt team going to know whether you physically go to each P/U stop every day? The only two ways that I can think of is if they follow the drivers on ODS-E or if the shipper calls in a concern; beyond that, your center team would have no clue.

This is the reason I tell shippers to say they are open when UPS calls for closures during holidays. Unless its larger delivery stop. UPS is not going to prorate the weeks of pickup closures for the customers.

klein

Für Meno :)
Another young person now, and if without health insurance, will probably never be able to buy a home :

textdrive450.jpg

Guess what this man texted before he crashed
Of all the stories about the dangers of texting while driving, Chance Bothe's will become a living lesson.

barnyard

KTM rider
No need to pull over to reply to sup message, just wait to where you are going then reply. Looking at diad to see if you received a message is a distraction in itself.

That's what I do. Even if the green light goes off on the way to the building, I wait till I get to the parking lot to reply.

Indecisi0n

I been yelled at so many times for seeing the green light come on while driving back after my last delivery, ignoring it and getting back to the shop to read "don't return to the center." I walk into managements office showing them the message. I say tell me in your methods where it says check your mirros in a triangle pattern and also look down at the DIAD for a message. Nothing ever comes of it.