Thank a soldier if you see one!!!

tourists24

Every now and then I see young men and women in uniform when I am out on my route.... I try to shake hands with every one of them and thank them for their service.... The things in this video is just one of a million things they have to endure.... God bless all of you

Framing Hanley "Home"

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I did................. I can't remember where or when (it wasn't very long ago) but I was delivering and I saw a man in uniform (young man, maybe 20). I had my hands full but as I walked pasted him I looked him in the eye and said 'thank you'. I have to say it was one of the most awesome things I have done. Talk about tugging at the heart strings.

On the day of my daughters allstar softball tournament at the end of July we had a Illinois national guard company return home. As the bus` bringing them through town came by they halted all the games and all the teams and their family's went out to the roadside and waved them all by. They had a lot of smiling faces waving back at them.

tourists24

On the day of my daughters allstar softball tournament at the end of July we had a Illinois national guard company return home. As the bus` bringing them through town came by they halted all the games and all the teams and their family's went out to the roadside and waved them all by. They had a lot of smiling faces waving back at them.
Maybe the kids will remember this years down the road, but I KNOW those soldiers will.... awesome story Cach

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have done similar and have bought their lunch. I also wear a red shirt every Friday.
These things are not much but hopefully it means something to the troops.

What a difference 40 years can make!

My Brother-in-law was killed in Vietnam and being from a small South Georgia town, our troops were welcomed home with respect ... 40 years ago.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
My Brother-in-law was killed in Vietnam and being from a small South Georgia town, our troops were welcomed home with respect ... 40 years ago.

I am so blessed to have cast my first vote for Ronald Reagan.

I am so blessed to live in a country that respects her soldiers.

I don't understand why people spat upon our soldiers 40 years ago.
I don't want to know. All I know is it was WRONG.

bigbrownhen

Thank you for this post. It does mean alot to the soldiers when this happens. I have seen this occur with my son. He was just out of basic, and came upon a group of vetrans, they all shook his hand. He was very honored. Might I suggest to thank the older vetrans when you can, many of them wear hats from their days of service. It also means alot to them.

The video was very moving. I have been the wife sending her husband off to war, and welcomed him back home. It is a unforgettable moment. Thank you again for the post.