Thank you for failing me, UPS?

MendozaJ

My shipment of gourmet olive oils arrived with one bottle broken. The leak on the package was obvious. The other bottles were fine and the shipper is replacing the entire order so that turned out well, but then this happened with a different shipment:

Location Date Local Time Activity
12/28/2016 5:00 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery. / Delivery will be rescheduled.
Memphis, TN, United States 12/27/2016 10:13 P.M. Departure Scan
12/27/2016 5:25 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/26/2016 12:33 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

The weather in Memphis was fine this week.

My shipment of gourmet olive oils arrived with one bottle broken. The leak on the package was obvious. The other bottles were fine and the shipper is replacing the entire order so that turned out well, but then this happened with a different shipment:

12/28/2016 5:00 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

Maybe it was the "Emergency Situation", like UPS is losing so much money that they might have to close their doors forever, so they grossly understaffed and your package will just have to sit and wait?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

You do know that the exception isn't just used if there is bad weather in Memphis, correct?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

pgVOWr.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster

Remember the customer is always wrong. The company is always right.

Many on this site give off the same vibes, except of course when it effects their little speck of the universe. It is then that the company is always wrong and they are always right.

Straight answers and honest, credible dialogue is not what should be expected of many who frequent the BC.

I know I am grateful for the few solid, mature responses but not expectant of this from most.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Remember the customer is always wrong. The company is always right.

Many on this site give off the same vibes, except of course when it effects their little speck of the universe. It is then that the company is always wrong and they are always right.

Straight answers and honest, credible dialogue is not what should be expected of many who frequent the BC.

I know I am grateful for the few solid, mature responses but not expectant of this from most.
Maybe because none of your posts, posted from high atop your pedestal, can inspire a normal dialogue. How did your post contribute in any way to this thread?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Define "emergency situation".
Roads at some point in the journey are not passable.

For example, Bismarck hub at one point was 136 trailers behind this month. Interstate coming in and out was not drivable. All their trailers were getting weather exceptions. So there were trailers in CACH, SLC, Omaha, etc that were sitting on their property, because the meet points where they'd drop the trailers no longer had room for them. I know when I was out in Minny, they said Fargo had 55 trailers sitting on property for Bismarck.