Thank you Fred S and Brovo Zulu to you

Goldilocks

How about "everyone"? More of the plan in action. More BS on the way guaranteed. The goal? To get rid of you.

MrFedEx, I really dont see how the company is going to "get rid" of anyone. The PM shift alone is a revolving door. They cant keep people. No one wants to do this kind of work anymore or they have educations and move on. We had 5 open routes today on the PM. Even more on the AM.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
MrFedEx, I really dont see how the company is going to "get rid" of anyone. The PM shift alone is a revolving door. They cant keep people. No one wants to do this kind of work anymore or they have educations and move on. We had 5 open routes today on the PM. Even more on the AM.
Fred doesn't care. His goal is to have a cheaper and much leaner staffing.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Here is what Dano wants you to believe....that the water is a nice comfy 86 degrees, not the actual temp, which is 211.5 and rising. "What's good for FedEx is good for you". Hardly. Fred has promised shareholders 10%...where is he going to get it? From your back pocket, of course.

Their strategy is very clear unless you choose to delude yourself and stick your head in the sand. That's what FedEx wants, and they send Dano on here to calm the waves whenever anyone senses danger.

The "boiled frog" analogy has just about reached fruition, and come October, Fred will turn the temp up to 212 and you will be "done".

I'm telling you what the current rules say. If you have a problem with that, tough.

Aside, the frog analogy is stupid because it's not true.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm telling you what the current rules say. If you have a problem with that, tough.

Aside, the frog analogy is stupid because it's not true.

Deny, lie, and otherwise twist the truth of what is really happening. The frog analogy is totally accurate.

59 Dano

Deny, lie, and otherwise twist the truth of what is really happening. The frog analogy is totally accurate.

The frog analogy isn't based in reality. If you think that the current policy isn't reflected in what I posted, by all means tell us what the current policy is.

XFILED

You can be scheduled a split shift with that kind of split. For example, you can be scheduled to run FO's at 0730 and go home at 0900 and start a pickup route at 1300 and leave work at 1800. You can't be scheduled to go in from 0730 to 1800 and be made to take a huge break because you finished your deliveries at 1300 and your pickups won't be ready until 1530.

If the big split isn't scheduled, you don't have to take it.

They do it ALL the time at my station...its actually gotten worse since May of this year.....Their putting people on extended lunches all the time....

Goldilocks

They do it ALL the time at my station...its actually gotten worse since May of this year.....Their putting people on extended lunches all the time....

We have a 13 hour rule at our Station. Think its governed by DOT regulations. DOT rule is 14 hours...How are they getting by with these huge splits?

vantexan

We have a 13 hour rule at our Station. Think its governed by DOT regulations. DOT rule is 14 hours...How are they getting by with these huge splits?

I'm thinking since not as much to sort when we're strictly overnight you'll see some starting later, especially extended rts. But let's say the rule is 14 hrs break and work combined. You start at say 0700. Truck pulls at 2000 at your station. You go on break at 1200, come back at 1600(just an example), off at 2010. You work 4 days a week, 36 hrs 40 mins on clock. Seems a likely scenario. If your station's window is smaller you'll work 5 days. Many different ways to schedule people to get the outcome they want. And as FTers quit they can work PTers either mornings or evenings.

Too much SO to get off by 1200? They start you at 0700, work until 1430 with a 30 min lunch. Leave extra SO for pickup rt that comes in at 1300. 5 days a week, 35 hrs a week. Many ways to make it work, but you probably won't be able to get close enough to 40 hrs to possibly incur OT. Of course Christmas, Mother's Day, etc will require you to work as many as needed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The frog analogy isn't based in reality. If you think that the current policy isn't reflected in what I posted, by all means tell us what the current policy is.

Current policy will very likely be irrelevant in October. In other words, it will CHANGE. Got it?

59 Dano

Current policy will very likely be irrelevant in October. In other words, it will CHANGE. Got it?

We work under the current policy now. Your understanding of what the policy will be in October is about as solid as your handling of your so called "escape plan" that flopped. You predicted that one really well, too.

59 Dano

You're just imagining all of this according to Dano.

Those who are being improperly assigned splits have all the defense they need right there in black and white to take to their HR rep. Maybe they need one of your speeches about how they're all cowards who are too scared to do anything.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We work under the current policy now. Your understanding of what the policy will be in October is about as solid as your handling of your so called "escape plan" that flopped. You predicted that one really well, too.

Another invalid comparison.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Given the history of takeaways and the 10% profit vow, it's very reasonable to extrapolate even more hours cuts in October. They are ALREADY forcing huge splits on many couriers. Nothing to worry about, eh?

Goldilocks

Do something constructive other than talk talk talk on a forum. Its right in your face Mr Fedex!! I am not being mean so please dont take it that way......

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do something constructive other than talk talk talk on a forum. Its right in your face Mr Fedex!! I am not being mean so please dont take it that way......

Does "constructive talk" mean positive thoughts and comments about FedEx? Sorry, but there isn't much left that is positive at FedEx. Go on living in the dream world of candy canes and rainbow ponies if you wish. I choose reality.