Thank you UPS!

aspenleaf

I just wanted to thank everyone I have worked with. . . I passed the NCLEX-RN! Thanks to UPS for paying for school; and thanks to my outstanding management team for working with my schedule during clincals.

I am not leaving yet. . .I have to search for the right nursing job. I just wanted to share my news.:clap:

aspenleaf

OH I can't ever leave the cafe. . .kinda like Hotel California! I just can’t believe I am done with nursing school. At times it didn’t seem like I would ever finish. Thanks for your congrats!

Channahon

Congratulations

And I'm sure you are aware there are oppotunities at UPS for medical services supervisors.

Whatever career path you choose, I'm sure it will be fulfulling, helping others.

Best of luck on your new career.

aspenleaf

Congratulations

And I'm sure you are aware there are oppotunities at UPS for medical services supervisors.

Whatever career path you choose, I'm sure it will be fulfulling, helping others.

Best of luck on your new career.

I do have to find out what is needed to stay with UPS as a nurse. I don't want to leave UPS so I have some calls to make.

Thanks to all of you for your congrats. I am very happy to have reached this goal. I will keep you posted in my journey!

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We knew you would make it, what good news. Great person, with great communication skills, and a career in caring. Good Luck, and all the best!!

DS

Fenderbender
Congratulations

You can get to know the drivers better,ok turn your head and cough,:tongue_sm
whatever happens,youve been a benefit to the cafe and I'm sure you
will be a benefit to your new profession.
Mirrors on the ceiling, kidney here on ice,help me nurse I am new here,what is this device?Jennifer says man I`m here to check his electolytes,she realizes she's in the wrong wing,but out of courtesy,she wants to do what is right.
She calls for the doctor,but hes at starbucks on his break,she said to her team bring me some hot water and a bucket of steam,and then these voices were calling from down the hall,
she was relieved for the night,
no kidney transplant tonight
:thumbup:
good luck and stay in touch

satellitedriver

Well Done!!!
I have a special place in my heart for nurses.
My mother is an RN, my sister is an RN with a masters degree in nursing and both my nieces are RN's.
The effort you put into your future will pay off.
Even though I do not know you, I am proud of you.
PAX

satellitedriver

Mirrors on the ceiling, kidney here on ice,help me nurse I am new here,what is this device?Jennifer says man I`m here to check his electolytes,she realizes she's in the wrong wing,but out of courtesy,she wants to do what is right.
She calls for the doctor,but hes at starbucks on his break,she said to her team bring me some hot water and a bucket of steam,and then these voices were calling from down the hall,
I thought at first you were going for the old joke where the doctor told the new nurse,
"I said prick his boil!!!!!"

Sammie

Good for you Aspen, a lot of hard work went into that. And to deal with UPS at the same time makes you my Super Hero. Since we're both in the Denver area, a friend's daughter keeps me in stitches about the antics of the E.R. patients at St. Anthony's Central and I have another friend who's a nurse's assistant at Lutheran.

Please hang around here because I want to know all about the McDreamies and the McSteamies in the Real World. (Would someone please break my leg or give me food poisoning and get me into that hospital??)

Best of luck to you!!!!

aspenleaf

DS that was awesome! Thanks for the laughs. As I said I am not going anywhere. I did find out that UPS does have an opening for a nurse but I am not sure I have the experience at this time for the position. So it is something to keep in mind for the future. DS ~ not srue I want to know my drivers that well!

aspenleaf

Good for you Aspen, a lot of hard work went into that. And to deal with UPS at the same time makes you my Super Hero. Since we're both in the Denver area, a friend's daughter keeps me in stitches about the antics of the E.R. patients at St. Anthony's Central and I have another friend who's a nurse's assistant at Lutheran.

Please hang around here because I want to know all about the McDreamies and the McSteamies in the Real World. (Would someone please break my leg or give me food poisoning and get me into that hospital??)

Best of luck to you!!!!

I will keep you posted there was one ortho doc that made everyone want a broken leg. He is nice and his wife and 8 children think so also!

I found UPS to be very good to me during school. They really worked with my schedule and my drivers didn't complain too much on the days I had to leave early. Everyone was wonderful and when the time comes to leave them I will be sad. I have made some good friends at UPS and I am sure I will keep in touch with them.

As for the cafe you would have to ban me from posting to get rid of me!

area43

I just wanted to thank everyone I have worked with. . . I passed the NCLEX-RN! Thanks to UPS for paying for school; and thanks to my outstanding management team for working with my schedule during clincals.

I am not leaving yet. . .I have to search for the right nursing job. I just wanted to share my news.:clap:

DS, that was great. lmao. We could start a whole new thread on that. Congrats, Aspen. Aspen maybe you can apply for the nursing job with UPS s company doctor in your area. Anyhow, my wife is a phlomebist(i spelled it wrong) a vampire, the one that sticks you with a needle and draws your blood. She works at the local hospital and tells me how the nurses, not the doctors are really running the show. It would be great if they could be compensated $$ in the same manner. God bless and take care area43

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Aspenleaf,
Congratulations on your great accomplishment. It takes a special kind of person to care for other people. There are all different kinds of nursing, I hope that you will find that certain field you will be happy in. Its good for someone to post something positive about UPS too, we often come on here and gripe about minor things that don't really matter much. I am sure you will do great in your new career, and your coworkers you leave behind will miss you.:thumbup1:

aspenleaf

Aspenleaf,
Congratulations on your great accomplishment. It takes a special kind of person to care for other people. There are all different kinds of nursing, I hope that you will find that certain field you will be happy in. Its good for someone to post something positive about UPS too, we often come on here and gripe about minor things that don't really matter much. I am sure you will do great in your new career, and your coworkers you leave behind will miss you.:thumbup1:

Thanks scratch! I was very lucky to have found the UPS job. A flyer hanging up at my school is what made me apply and it was as a last resort. I thought I'd stay on for peak and find something better after the holidays. I had no idea I would love it. Truly UPS has been the best job I have ever had. Sure there are stressors but I work with great people. I must be lucky to have gotten my boxline because all the drivers (I have worked with), management and fellow loaders have been very encouraging.

There are not many companies out there that will pay for a degree that they can’t use. Also not many companies will work with a student nurse’s crazy clinical schedule. They would let me come in around 1 to load and leave around 5:45 am (or whatever to get 5 hours in) and then I’d go do a 12 hour clinical and go back for more the next day. Thankfully clincals were two days in a row (it would have killed me to do those 5 days a week). I am very thankful to UPS and on my “bad” days at work I just remember what they did for me. I have not experienced many of the issues the drivers have so my experience is very different. I also realize that I have worked here for less than 2 years and yes I am blinded by the school money. When I started I told the HR rep that I was only working at UPS for the tuition money. He said “well I don’t really care as long as you stay through peak and can you start on Monday?” All I need now is the sappy music they play in movies because I am sure some folks think I am nuts!

Thanks to everyone who posted for your support.

over9five

Staff member
"...I want to know all about the McDreamies and the McSteamies in the Real World."

I don't usually brag like this, but I'm known as 'McBrownie' on my route!