Thanks Amazon?

reginald95

One of the newer full-time supervisors in my building was supposedly offered a six-figure income (Almost double his current income) to jump ship to Amazon to do essentially the same job he was is doing. For some reason he is still at UPS.

They are probably signed in on salary for a set amount of years. Usually once they gain any knowledge they might have on UPS they don’t renew their contract and hire a cheaper option.

ManInBrown

I'm a airport worker. The hubs have poached away 4-5 guys the last two-three weeks to be 'combo drivers', presumably 22.4s. 'Better opportunities', better chances to be FT quicker

It's hard talking sense into some of these guys. We have 5-6 others who want to do that now. They don't care or realize their top rate will be less than other drivers, and that for slow days, you're a hub rat. They're selling them on false promises IMHO.

Others are talking about Amazon too. But is there a career and longevity with that company? Who wants to use their own vehicle to deliver? Apparently thousands want to.

I say, weed out the dumbos who want to quit and do quit for Amazon or for combo work. They'll learn eventually it's not greener on the other side.
People also dont think about this. Because of 6 and then 7 day delivery, Monday is an abortion from what ive been told. Which means many of the older drivers probably go home because they dont want to deal with covering 3 routes of pickups. So all those pension contributions arent being made by the company. Now when its slow, and there is no driving work for 22.4s many will probably just go home if offered the day.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
So at our building so far 3 people have left for amazon, one of the 3 was the manager that "forced" the SUP to force the driver to drive with the doors open ending on the driver being taken to the hospital.
Now rumors has it at least 5 more managers/SUPS are leaving to amazon, apparently a $20k sign in bonus plus 30 amazon stocks.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
They make it hard to quality giving you 200+ stops to scratch with in 100 degree weather
You mean they make them go through what every other driver had to do to qualify? Okay. I have a training route bid, and the guy currently trying to qualify 22.4 has about 60% of the route and still can’t finish.

BrownSnowFlake

They make it hard to quality giving you 200+ stops to scratch with in 100 degree weather
It’s easier to scratch with more stops. I had 100 stops on my training route last week and lost time at my pickups (my last 3 stops) waiting on the customer.

As for the heat... that’s part of the job. It’s one of the few things meatbags can handle better than robots, at least for now. The night before I will put one gallon of water in the freezer and one in the fridge. Then I carry both to work in an old cooler.

ManInBrown

@ManInBrown What happed to the NJ driver ??
I only closed my pc doors in the winter !
I dont work in the building but i heard the story. A

Apparently it was an OJS or a safety ride and the on car demanded the driver leave all the doors open and it was a very cold day. The driver called 911 for an ambulance while they were in the road.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I dont work in the building but i heard the story. A

Apparently it was an OJS or a safety ride and the on car demanded the driver leave all the doors open and it was a very cold day. The driver called 911 for an ambulance while they were in the road.
Jeezuz h Christ , I wouldah walked off the job , called the local news , then my BA , filled, report to OSHA