Thanks for Removing the Fans From Our Building! The Heat Wave Feels Awesome!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I would like to take this time to thank our district manager, who decided last year to remove the fans from our facility as we did not meet the average temperature necessary to be provided such "costly" luxury.

We started at 4:05AM this morning. The outside temperature was in the low 80s, and the indoor temperature within the Input clocked in at 92. I started my morning by unloading a rail that had just arrived from CACH that clocked in at 102. And the humidity was outright miserable. Nor can we open idle overhead doors. Because UPS cares about our safety!! <wink, wink>

(in case you're wondering... our union steward has kept a thermometer on him ever since they attempted to cut the building temperature/heat to 42 degrees in the winter)

I would like to take this time to thank our district manager, who decided last year to remove the fans from our facility as we did not meet the average temperature necessary to be provided such "costly" luxury.

We started at 4:05AM this morning. The outside temperature was in the low 80s, and the indoor temperature within the Input clocked in at 92. I started my morning by unloading a rail that had just arrived from CACH that clocked in at 102. And the humidity was outright miserable. Nor can we open idle overhead doors. Because UPS cares about our safety!! <wink, wink>
They removed those fans.................so they had extra money to offer the rest of us!!!!!In this new"GreaT"....contract!!!!!!!!!!!!Safety first is now being replaced by,,,,,,,money first!!!!!

DS

Fenderbender
(in case you're wondering... our union steward has kept a thermometer on him ever since they attempted to cut the building temperature/heat to 42 degrees in the winter)
Your steward needs a rectal thermometer to demonstrate the inadequate conditions.
Your local newspaper might need a filler.Give 'em a tweet.
It would help your cause if someone was to die.
You might get a popsicle then.
Some center manager's take pride in being dicks.
This running every center like a little company thing,has always been a thorn in the side of UPS's credibility.One set of rules for everything would suit me fine.

Even worse when you consider some :censored2: at CACH probably farted in that trailer as it was loaded.

Buck Fifty

Look on the bright side.... The **** will never hit the fan at your hub.

Johney

Make sure you carry around a couple gallons of water around with you to drink. Stop and drink often, don't want you to pass out from dehydration:knockedout:.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You can rest assured that the decision to remove the fans or turn down the heat in the winter was made by someone sitting behind a desk in a climate-controlled office. Its pretty easy to make the "tough" choices when they dont affect you personally.

over9five

Staff member
A few of you guys need to fall down, and have another Teamster call for an ambulance.
​This is BS, and you guys need to RESPOND.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

I would be grieving this, calling OSHA, calling local news outlets, and engaging in a "safety campaign" in that order. **** your district manager.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Your steward needs a rectal thermometer to demonstrate the inadequate conditions.
Your local newspaper might need a filler.Give 'em a tweet.
It would help your cause if someone was to die.
You might get a popsicle then.
Some center manager's take pride in being dicks.
This running every center like a little company thing,has always been a thorn in the side of UPS's credibility.One set of rules for everything would suit me fine

first off, he said district manager, not center manager

second off, you want more centralized control from Atlanta? are you freaking nuts? if you had any clue how much top-down bull**** even a bad center management team already shields you from, you'd be shocked

Johney

first off, he said district manager, not center manager

second off, you want more centralized control from Atlanta? are you freaking nuts? if you had any clue how much top-down bull**** even a bad center management team already shields you from, you'd be shocked
Shields us from? Are you serious? Crap flows downhill and we(drivers)are in the valley.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

sorry I don't believe..especially when I know how much they cost to install. There would be zero cost savings in removing them.