Thanks for the .70

Days

Denis T "contract boasts tremendous gains in wages for part time and full time".

70 cents.

As a P/T employee I won't be passing our buildings hiring rate until 3+ years from now

Ximun8

What happened to no more 6-1 off street.

"22.4 (b) 10.) In the event a protected RPCD position becomes available, it shall be filled in accordance with the Supplement, Rider or Addendum, provided, however that no RPCD position shall be filled by an outside hire unless the job remains unfilled after exhaustion of the applicable bidding procedure. "

From my interpretation, the 6/1 rule now only applies to inside work "preload, sort, clerical, etc...

That being said, it's only my interpretation. We all know that the company's going to find a way to give us the high hard one on that too.

IGotARock

"22.4 (b) 10.) In the event a protected RPCD position becomes available, it shall be filled in accordance with the Supplement, Rider or Addendum, provided, however that no RPCD position shall be filled by an outside hire unless the job remains unfilled after exhaustion of the applicable bidding procedure. "

From my interpretation, the 6/1 rule now only applies to inside work "preload, sort, clerical, etc...

That being said, it's only my interpretation. We all know that the company's going to find a way to give us the high hard one on that too.
The way I read that language is that it provides the hybrid drivers with a direct path to becoming RPCD's.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't entirely see it as a bad thing. It could be a temporary stopping point in between a dock worker becoming a full-time RPCD if no positions were available.

Ximun8

It doesn't directly say how these 22.4 jobs are being filled. So, maybe they fill them with the 6/1 supervisor language. Hopefully not though.

That being said, would a now full time 22.4 driver with less seniority than an inside part timer fill a vacant RPCD spot?

And yes, hopefully this does away with supervisors moving into RPCD roles altogether.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't entirely see it as a bad thing. It could be a temporary stopping point in between a dock worker becoming a full-time RPCD if no positions were available.
I'm seeing it as a way to increase the wait time to become a RPCD. Having 22.4 drivers allows the company the luxury of not having to create a regular package route when one becomes necessary.

Mr Shifter

The way I read that language is that it provides the hybrid drivers with a direct path to becoming RPCD's.

What is a dock worker?