Thanks Jim Hoffa hall and Sean O'brien.

stink219

Do you have a reason they were MIA for a month and a half? If you do, I would love to hear it.
You act like they are to sit in their cave until Gotham's 804 corrupt BA commits malfeasance and Commissioner Gordon shines the white spot light so they can save the day. There are 1.4 million teamsters out there. I'm pretty sure they had a few things to deal with. 804 should have handled business correctly. Where was TDU in all of this?

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The haters do have some what of a beef. This took much too long. The deal should have been made from the start. Now, maybe they tried and we just don't have all the facts?

Inthegame

Hall did what he should have done over a month ago. He gets paid by us to do this kind of stuff.
To be missing for that long was just wrong.
A month ago, L804 drivers were working. Nothing of substance happened until last week when actual terminations began. Show me words in the IBT Constitution requiring the GST to involve himself in Local Union disputes. He got into this exactly when necessary. Anyone with a gnats brain knew unpaid suspensions had to be part of this settlement and the clock was running.
Two weeks is dead on to warn of the consequences of this improper work stoppage.
No TDU, no Fred Z., no Sandy...just the IBT and the ability of hall.

CharleyHustle

A month ago, L804 drivers were working. Nothing of substance happened until last week when actual terminations began. Show me words in the IBT Constitution requiring the GST to involve himself in Local Union disputes. He got into this exactly when necessary. Anyone with a gnats brain knew unpaid suspensions had to be part of this settlement and the clock was running.
Two weeks is dead on to warn of the consequences of this improper work stoppage.
No TDU, no Fred Z., no Sandy...just the IBT and the ability of hall.

Just a question here. Don't you think Hall and O'Brien would have had to get the OK from local 804 before agreeing with any settlement?

barnyard

KTM rider
So reasoned diplomacy succeeded where impulsive antagonism failed? Crazy!

In this era, it is hard to believe......

and will be hella unacceptable to many, because they did not 'show support.' I would say that getting their jobs back is showing substantial support.

upschuck

I guess the rest of the 250 will have a rolling suspension in 50 person intervals. By that time, all those covering these drivers will have made seniority(unless that was in the agreement).

bluebiker

I guess the rest of the 250 will have a rolling suspension in 50 person intervals. By that time, all those covering these drivers will have made seniority(unless that was in the agreement).

I'd guess the company was training new drivers anyway, it was a good excuse. This seems to be a "who blinked first" and a diplomatic way to work it out and save jobs and to let the company and the union save face. Getting the IBT involved was
If you were one of the 250 would you really stick around for 3-6 months while the company was training your replacements?
I'd be looking for another job if I knew for sure the firings would be upheld.

worldwide

According to a Daily News article, the union agreed the walkout was “illegal and unauthorized.”

The settlement includes the following actions: IBT Local 804 agrees to compensate UPS for damages associated with the loss of productive employee time, other company costs and the negative impact on goodwill relating to the February 26 unauthorized walkout and related actions.”

The union agreed to pay the company undisclosed damages for deliveries missed during the 90-minute walkout. In addition, all the drivers who participated have to serve a short suspension, sources said.

The drivers are fortunate to have their job back given the union has agreed the actions were illegal and unauthorized. Given that admission, any similar actions in the future would not end as well, IMHO.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rs-talk-union-article-1.1751467#ixzz2yUAybj00

HubBub

The union agreeing to pay UPS their lost costs is an admission of guilt.

It'll be interesting to see what the final bill will be, and who foots it. 804 :censored2: the bed, do they deal with the mess? 250 routes for 90+ minutes, I honestly have no idea what the damage would be.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think Reyes will screw up again in some way in near future and be gone but will be his own fault. He will have a target on his back but less so than the 250 since he is more of a public figure. But if past is any indication he is still likely to do something stupid again.

Rholly

You did a great job saving the day. From the bottom of my heart I thank you for helping out my brothers and sisters in local 804 even though you were going to do it all along. Your job is a thankless job but always remember I appreciate you and thank you for all you do on all of our behalf. God bless and keep fighting the good fight.
Yes, Great job Mr Hall. It only took pressure from the public to get you off your butt to do it!

Jungle boy dee

Tdu and sandy pope thx for your support and presents oh yea never did happen I was dreaming...Thank u ibt hall and board for getting all 250 fired fellow brothers jobs back