Thanks Jim Hoffa hall and Sean O'brien.

Wow. How do you know just or unjust discharge ???

Just like with Liam --when the Company and Union disagree on a discharge --Let an ARBITRATOR decide.

Of course for some people --no discharge is just.

Not following the Grievance Procedure to the next legal and common sense step --arbitration ---but putting 250 Drivers jobs at risk --major screwup by local 804--does not take a follower to see this --just REALITY.
There is no reality anymore.

upschuck

Men who worked here 30 years retired and now can't enjoy the $50 a month healthcare....
$50 Healthcare is cheap, especially when one ages, and medical costs increase tremendously. Thank President Obama, who has increased the requirements that all plans must include. While I would love to see $50 premium when I retire, I understand that is not economically sustainable.
One punch rule??
Like I said previously, you really expect that you one punch/month deserves benefits for a month? You do not work that hard to pay for those benefits through one day of work.
Raises going to vanish due to allocation
It has been in the last 2 contracts and hasn't happened yet. 2016 they will meet again to discuss changes in current contribution rates.
4 year progression
Don't think anyone likes this.
No better language on the worst article in the contract ... Article 4o.....
I don't know about this article, but for being the worst article in contract, I think that I would have heard more rumblings about it before.
What a brother
I'll take that in a positive manner, so thank you, I glad you are my brother too.

Irishman Collins

So the pension and FT jobs reason for voting "no" is just a smoke screen for healthcare. Teamcare is very good insurance. You will not be in company plan. The sooner you realize this, the sooner we all can move on and "enjoy" the benefits of this new contract.

How many people are waiting for this to go through to retire? The sooner they retire, the sooner a PT person goes FT.

If there was a legitimate concern as to why you are voting "no", I would support you guys, but this hysteria over Teamcare is ridiculous.
He was speaking for all unions collectively, not ours specifically. In that letter, three union presidents signed the letter, in which we were the biggest. He was showing solidarity with our brothers in smaller unions.

As far as ER, copays are necessary to deter people from using it as a main treatment option. Instead of major concession, I'd say a minor one that affects relatively few folks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

LagunaBrown

The $50 dollar a month retiree health care was put in the 90's. The Company was stuck with that amount till we reached a certain number of retirees. It just so happens that number came up this contract.....We got the better end of that deal for a long long time. Kudos to the Teamsters for the hood winking UPS but we have known all along one day it we be over. Go back and read historical BC forums. The truth is your only fooling yourself thinking that the $50 retiree healthcare will stand. There is no longer language saying the company must pay the difference of the unsustainable cost. You can blame whomever you want but it is only because we reached the retiree threshold.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

not what i voted for

Yes Stink, Carey was acquitted of perjury. He was not acquitted of "corruption in his own house under his watch" much the same as he was not acquitted of the Kennedy assassination! He never faced such a charge!

Next for Hoffa's job?

James P. Hoffa arrived at the IBT Convention in Orlando in 1991 and lobbied delegates to waive the 24 months good standing requirement to allow him to run for General President. So at the very least, we know that he was NOT a dues paying member from 1989 to 1991.

While you maintain that Hoffa was a "Teamster attorney representing members, local unions and Joint Councils in worker compensation cases, Social Security, and personal legal matters" from 1968 - 93, you're a bit skimpy on the details. Oh yes, Hoffa was a lawyer but calling him a Teamster attorney is a bit of a reach. In 1991, Hoffa represented Embassy Suites against a union member in Detroit. He also represented another employer, National Metal Processing in a contract dispute with the Allied Industrial Workers.

As far as 1993 - 98, yes, Hoffa was appointed by Larry Brennan as a Joint Council 43 administrative assistant in order to make him eligible to run for General President in the next election.

You can try to make the comparison to Ron's factual rank and file background right here in Local 804 Stink, but the comparison just doesn't fly! In fact.....it stinks!!

Spider YOU ARE NOT A TEAMSTER

Xexys

Retired and Happy
The $50 dollar a month retiree health care was put in the 90's. The Company was stuck with that amount till we reached a certain number of retirees. It just so happens that number came up this contract.....We got the better end of that deal for a long long time. Kudos to the Teamsters for the hood winking UPS but we have known all along one day it we be over. Go back and read historical BC forums. The truth is your only fooling yourself thinking that the $50 retiree healthcare will stand. There is no longer language saying the company must pay the difference of the unsustainable cost. You can blame whomever you want but it is only because we reached the retiree threshold.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

This is really just a load of crap. I'm not disagreeing with you but anyone who thinks that another $50/month will cover it then they're not thinking with their head. For the benefits that we retiree's get, we should be paying quite a bit more than just $50 or $100 or even $300/month. So saying that the measly $50 more per month will make it sustainable is just pure horse crap.

I'm loving the fact that the contract is not in full effect because of a few locals holding out. Hell, if they would've given the retiree's a vote the master would've never made the majority vote. Just remember, you'll all hopefully retire someday, without a vote and at the mercy of the active workers. I hope you vote with good conscience from now till then.

LagunaBrown

This is really just a load of crap. I'm not disagreeing with you but anyone who thinks that another $50/month will cover it then they're not thinking with their head. For the benefits that we retiree's get, we should be paying quite a bit more than just $50 or $100 or even $300/month. So saying that the measly $50 more per month will make it sustainable is just pure horse crap.

I'm loving the fact that the contract is not in full effect because of a few locals holding out. Hell, if they would've given the retiree's a vote the master would've never made the majority vote. Just remember, you'll all hopefully retire someday, without a vote and at the mercy of the active workers. I hope you vote with good conscience from now till then.

Good luck Brother.

Brown Spider

Spider YOU ARE NOT A TEAMSTER

Notwhat...Yes I am. But you would have no way of knowing that, right? So, simply because I take issue with morons like you, member60crazy and bigduh, you question my membership status? Look notwhat, this is not the first thing that you've gotten wrong. But look at the bright side. You're one of the lucky ones. God did not curse you with the power to think.

Inthegame

Notwhat...Yes I am. But you would have no way of knowing that, right? So, simply because I take issue with morons like you, member60crazy and bigduh, you question my membership status? Look notwhat, this is not the first thing that you've gotten wrong. But look at the bright side. You're one of the lucky ones. God did not curse you with the power to think.
Into the cheap seats...

not what i voted for

Spider the bright side is YOU ARE NOT A TEAMSTER

member6045

Spider vain and the meet the browns fakers! Take your opportunity to thank Ken H and Sean O for saving the 250! You need to take blame and apologize to the 250 and the entire local for embarrassing our local!!