Thanksgiving Day Discussion

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am very thankful to God to be given this day.

As a long time UPSer the holidays have always been my favorite time of the year.

I have gratitude every day but the holidays is always a time that allows for faith to be discussed in a more open way.

What has been on my heart and mind recently is the lack of thankfulness and gratitude that the local level management of UPS express and demonstrate on a daily basis.

I have run into a lot of demoralized, unhappy, unsatisfied low level management people in operations.

I have witnessed that these individuals often times want to, but are incapable of treating the 2 base elements of this organization correctly.

The package and the front line worker.

Why to you think many of the low level management operating this company's day to day business treat the base source of revenue like trash and the workers who literally carry this company on their backs like slaves?

It is time that the low level management start being thankful for every package that they are entrusted and every employee that they influence!!!

Trust me, gratitude is a foundational attitude for miraculous change.

It takes courage to change.

Search your heart, check your behavior be thankful. Pray for your management team they need a miracle of change.

It takes 1 person to change the destiny and course of every life.

Today could be the day for you to start the change. It only takes 1 person. It only takes 1 person.

I am thankful for the opportunity to share with you my brothers and sisters in creation and employment be well and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Sincerely,
I

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am thankful that the Texans will beat the Lions, Cowboys over the Redskins and Patriots over the Jets. Take the over on the Texans/Lions (50) and Patriots/Jets (48). Take the under on the Redskins/Cowboys (48).

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am thankful that the Texans will beat the Lions, Cowboys over the Redskins and Patriots over the Jets. Take the over on the Texans/Lions (50) and Patriots/Jets (48). Take the under on the Redskins/Cowboys (48).
UpstateNYUPSer,

I cannot predict or control the outcome of the games today.

I am very thankful for your light hearted response to this thread.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

God willing I will be sitting with my aging dad and watching a couple of these games today.

I am not much a football follower but my dad does and it provides a great opportunity for me to enter into his world just to be with him.

Thanks for reminding me of this.

Sincerely,
I

I think people in management and ups people in general don't see how things could be worse in general. It's like the people at ups have tunnel vision. Sure things are bad at times but there are always others who are worse off.

Indecisi0n

I think people in management and ups people in general don't see how things could be worse in general. It's like the people at ups have tunnel vision. Sure things are bad at times but there are always others who are worse off.

I am reminded of this every year with helpers. I had a guy the other day who lost his job and was losing his house due to financial problems. Since money was so tight he was having trouble with his wife and saying he will most likely getting a divorce. He is worried he won't be able to see his child after that.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed

I am reminded of this every year with helpers. I had a guy the other day who lost his job and was losing his house due to financial problems. Since money was so tight he was having trouble with his wife and saying he will most likely getting a divorce. He is worried he won't be able to see his child after that.

Women are nothing but trouble right?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I am Thankful for everyday the sun comes up and I am alive.
I am Thankful for Family and Friends.
I am Thankful to be an American.

And for my selfish side...
I am Thankful for MRI's.
I am Thankful for Teva (Tel Avi, Israel) and Copaxone.
I am Thankful for UPS.
I am Thankful for the NFL RedZone.

And I am THANKFUL for the SAINTS finally finding their "D".
(And I dream of them in the SB - 2013 in NOLA. Goddell handing them the trophy. What a photo op!!)

Last edited:

texan

Man that was good! Thank you Lord for the turkey.
half-eaten-turkey2.jpg