thanksgiving pay

otkeeper

i am a new (8 weeks on the job) package handler..i worked the day after thanksgiving as i wasn't really given a choice because i am new..i was told it is straight time plus holiday pay. i just checked my paystub online and received no holiday pay..do you have to be working for a certain amount of time? not that it really matters its just that they should of been up front with me when i thought i would be getting paid for an extra 4 hours.

AssistantSanta

i am a new (8 weeks on the job) package handler..i worked the day after thanksgiving as i wasn't really given a choice because i am new..i was told it is straight time plus holiday pay. i just checked my paystub online and received no holiday pay..do you have to be working for a certain amount of time? not that it really matters its just that they should of been up front with me when i thought i would be getting paid for an extra 4 hours.

Seems like they're not really upfront and clear on this. I'm a helper and last check, I had 0.5 hours overtime. I really have no idea why its there and I wasn't given or mailed anything that explained pay structure nor did they explain it during orientation.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah, there are no paid holidays until one year employment if you were hired after Aug 1st 2008. Article 22 section 7 NMA

otkeeper

Seems like they're not really upfront and clear on this. I'm a helper and last check, I had 0.5 hours overtime. I really have no idea why its there and I wasn't given or mailed anything that explained pay structure nor did they explain it during orientation.

this was another question i had..do i get overtime after 5 hours as a package handler starting out? i had like 15 minutes of overtime last week but would have a bunch this week.

AssistantSanta

When do seasonal driver helpers get overtime? 5hr? 8hr? who do I ask?
The driver has no clue. They didn't tell me at orientation. They didn't give us HRs number.
My first check, I had a fractional hour OT, but I know I haven't had >8 hr/day anywhere.

menotyou

bella amicizia
A driver gets OT after 8. Part-time inside help is after 5, unless(in my area) you volunteer for double shifts. My understanding is that rule is different out west.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A driver gets OT after 8. Part-time inside help is after 5, unless(in my area) you volunteer for double shifts. My understanding is that rule is different out west.
Maybe, however our local union is now making side-deals with management that says any part-timers do not get OT until after EIGHT hours. :) Was in the PCM today directly from DM.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So after a year we get paid for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc? If so how many hours do they give you?

PTers get 4, FTers get 8.

If the holiday falls on a Saturday you get an additional days pay--if it falls on a Sunday you get Monday off (paid). The holidays are listed in the contract and may differ from district to district.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Awesome until you have to work Christmas Eve after loading next day cheese cakes all week waiting for some pain in the ass air driver to get in at 9 pm while your brother in law is eating all the shrimp and drinking your beer . Am I complaining a little ? Merry Another Frickin Peak Ho Ho Ho .....and then work New Years Eve until 9 for straight time under article 40 rules happy not

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Awesome until you have to work Christmas Eve after loading next day cheese cakes all week waiting for some pain in the ass air driver to get in at 9 pm while your brother in law is eating all the shrimp and drinking your beer . Am I complaining a little ? Merry Another Frickin Peak Ho Ho Ho .....and then work New Years Eve until 9 for straight time under article 40 rules happy not

Oh boy I must of been a bad mood last night . Happy Holidays lucky to have what I have. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all even the late air driver ( differant one every year) I bet they want to get home too.
PS Have the eves off this year as they fall on a saturday!