Thanksgiving Week

LateAir21

The week of Thanksgiving do we get paid on that Wednesday or how does that work since the banks will be closed that day I forgot how it happened last year

sly

I have a question. My hire date was Nov. 17 2014. Will I get paid for thanksgiving? Or is it a year from my seniority date?

browner89

I have a question. My hire date was Nov. 17 2014. Will I get paid for thanksgiving? Or is it a year from my seniority date?

Yes, I believe this is the same for every local, but your seniority date IS your hire date, not the day you made it in the union.

So unless you're in an obscure one, you will get holiday pay for Thanksgiving.

Anthonysg0113

You will get paid on Friday. Banks are only closed Thanksgiving Day. Banks are open Friday. Some people buy cars and stuff like that on Black Friday. It would be nice to get paid on that Wednesday.

Last edited:

Kae3106

Payroll will be completed on Tuesday and checks will be sent out to arrive in the centers on Wednesday. If your normal check date is Thursday, it will be dated for Wednesday. If your normal check date is Friday, it will be dated for Friday. Some banks may choose to make the direct deposits available earlier but that is up to the bank, not UPS.

browner89

Payroll will be completed on Tuesday and checks will be sent out to arrive in the centers on Wednesday. If your normal check date is Thursday, it will be dated for Wednesday. If your normal check date is Friday, it will be dated for Friday. Some banks may choose to make the direct deposits available earlier but that is up to the bank, not UPS.

At least in my area, Wells Fargo is one of these banks, last year all of TG, XMas, and New Years fell on Thursday, money was in my account and accessible the Wednesday before the holiday for all three.

Not sure if thats a national Wells Fargo deal or just my area, but it's a least one of the banks who will get your money early (and checks are dated for Friday, not Thursday here).

AKCoverMan

If your normal pay day falls on a bank holiday, you will be paid the day before.
Yes but Friday after Thanksgiving is NOT a banking holiday. Thanksgiving day is, but Friday is a banking day. I think it has to do with banks not being allowed to be closed more than three days in a row..something coming out of the depression era and a run on banks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes but Friday after Thanksgiving is NOT a banking holiday. Thanksgiving day is, but Friday is a banking day. I think it has to do with banks not being allowed to be closed more than three days in a row..something coming out of the depression era and a run on banks.

It has to do with the fact that Black Friday is NOT a holiday.

MendozaJ

Exactly my point. The OP didn't specify which day he normally gets paid. Some people get paid Thursday. Some people get paid Friday. Therefore, some people will get paid on Wednesday for this week.