Thanksgiving

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Does anyone know if we get paid on Thanksgiving? I usually get my direct deposits on Fridays but it's pending in my bank this morning.

Hmm. My money must be late then, i'll have to check when i'm on lunch break, 'cause my direct deposit usually hits around 3:16am, and no sign yet

Do you guys just sit around and hover over your phones hitting the refresh button until the magic money appears in your accounts?

Justaloader

I just started with UPS in August (part time evening loader) - per my supplement, I won't be eligible for holiday pay until next August (have to be here 12 months before being eligible for holiday pay). I guess that means black friday won't be time and a half for me, either (rumor around my hub is that it's a time and a half pay day).

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Nah. I got important things to do. Just saying. Do you wait around to talk trash? salute.
0ed839b58dcf21e15a4d92d0e4e0fbfd.gif

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I just started with UPS in August (part time evening loader) - per my supplement, I won't be eligible for holiday pay until next August (have to be here 12 months before being eligible for holiday pay). I guess that means black friday won't be time and a half for me, either (rumor around my hub is that it's a time and a half pay day).
If you work Black Friday, it’s double time. Don’t have to be here a year to get that. If you don’t work, you have to be here a year to get paid 4 hours for part time or 8 for full time.

You should still get the OT pay, just not the Holiday pay.

Justaloader

You should still get the OT pay, just not the Holiday pay.
Interesting. I've been told the same (that it's time and a half for working black friday) - but can't find that written in the supplement anywhere. The only thing I can find is the reference to part time and senority employees and the length of time that they have to have been on the payroll prior to the holiday in order to be eligible for holiday pay. I wonder if they'll let us double shift on black friday and earn time and a half for both shifts (noon sort and twilight loading).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If BF is still a holiday in your supplement you won't get the holiday pay but you should get the premium pay.

Kae3106

Does anyone know if we get paid on Thanksgiving? I usually get my direct deposits on Fridays but it's pending in my bank this morning.
Friday is not a bank holiday. If you normally get paid on Friday, you direct deposit is scheduled for Friday. However, due to the holiday, the info was pushed to the banks early and your bank may choose to make it available sooner than Friday.

Thursday is a bank holiday so if you belong to one of the locals that has a Thursday pay day, you will be paid today (Wednesday).