That was not pleasant

ManInBrown

Took a Mid-Day nap and had a dream I somehow had 40 stops left at 9:30pm, in a route that's 40 minutes from the center. With a whole bunch of NDA pickup pieces on the car. After giving a 7:30ETA, earlier in day. I remember dropping anchor after lunch. My center manager was not amused when I got them on the phone. Then I woke up

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Took a Mid-Day nap and had a dream I somehow had 40 stops left at 9:30pm, in a route that's 40 minutes from the center. With a whole bunch of NDA pickup pieces on the car. After giving a 7:30ETA, earlier in day. I remember dropping anchor after lunch. My center manager was not amused when I got them on the phone. Then I woke up

I think I must be a mental case. Not only do I sleepwalk sometimes still but when I dream, I act em out. When I was a cop, I put my wife in an armbar hold and another time I stood up on the bed and kicked her square in the ass while dreaming. Another time when I was young and worked at a sandwich shop, I woke up with blood all over the bed and my arm and hand had bite marks all over them.

At some point, I know I have dreamed about work but so far, I don't think that I have acted any of em out. I'm sure when my wife wakes me one of these days because I tried to stick an info notice somewhere, I will then know I acted out a UPS dream also.

Re-Raise

I think I must be a mental case. Not only do I sleepwalk sometimes still but when I dream, I act em out. When I was a cop, I put my wife in an armbar hold and another time I stood up on the bed and kicked her square in the ass while dreaming. Another time when I was young and worked at a sandwich shop, I woke up with blood all over the bed and my arm and hand had bite marks all over them.

At some point, I know I have dreamed about work but so far, I don't think that I have acted any of em out. I'm sure when my wife wakes me one of these days because I tried to stick an info notice somewhere, I will then know I acted out a UPS dream also.
Funny post... but what caught my attention was that a normal part of your duties as a cop seemed to be kicking people. I think that is kind of frowned upon when caught on cell phone video.

Wizzy

After 31 years driving, several times I've jumped from bed after dreaming of opening the bulkhead and having packages fall out and cover me. Counting on all of you as witnesses for my disability hearing!!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Funny post... but what caught my attention was that a normal part of your duties as a cop seemed to be kicking people. I think that is kind of frowned upon when caught on cell phone video.

I have to admit, I never kicked anyone while they were down in restraints or unable to avoid the kick...well apparently except my wife that night. The only video that I have been in that was negative was when the 93 year old lady cracked me upside the head with her cane for trying to pick her purse off the ground. And no, I didn't kick her but I was on youtube for a while as the cop who got beat up by the old lady.

I hear the CHSP and LAPD have made that part of their training for new recruits.

That's just wrong but probably true!

rod

Retired 22 years
I had my first UPS nightmare in many a moons this past week.

I've been retired 14+ years now and still have one every once in awhile. I blame the Brown Café. The only difference now is that when I wake up I can laugh about it and don't have to go into work and live it for real.

clean hairy

Ever had a dream where there are only a few stops left, as you pull up to your last stop, open the bulkhead door, and the truck is bricked out?
And, you see a message on the Diad that they had to put just a few more stops on your truck?

Indecisi0n

I have to admit, I never kicked anyone while they were down in restraints or unable to avoid the kick...well apparently except my wife that night. The only video that I have been in that was negative was when the 93 year old lady cracked me upside the head with her cane for trying to pick her purse off the ground. And no, I didn't kick her but I was on youtube for a while as the cop who got beat up by the old lady.

That's just wrong but probably true!
Did you ever use your nightstick on anyone ?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I was in package car, I had dreams about a package car that no matter how hard I worked, the number of stops increased all day, and when I was in feeders, I had one about going up a bridge that was so steep, that I rolled backwards down it. Dreams (nightmares) are normal in this job. Fortunately, I haven't had any dreams about UPS since I retired. I DO have one about my wife beating me with a bar of soap in a sock. Wait, no, that really happens. That explains the bruises. lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've been retired 14+ years now and still have one every once in awhile. I blame the Brown Café. The only difference now is that when I wake up I can laugh about it and don't have to go into work and live it for real.

To me it would seem the obvious solution would be for you to leave Brown Cafe.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had one the other day..The first air was for Saigon City, the next for Tokyo, and the third was for somewhere I have never heard of. Sheesh did I have trouble sluffing off those airs, and Orion wanted me to run them backwards, which in my dream made absolutely no sense.
So there ya go.