The 3 day OJS- Violation?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Look at Article 37, section 2, (p 122).

..." No driver will be scheduled for more than one (1) day’s ride
per year with more than one (1) member of management on the car.
Such day will not be used for disciplinary purposes
"...

It would seem to me, the company can ride once a year only, including annually safety ride. Want to OJS? Go ahead, but you cannot discipline for it.

Wally

Section 3 covers grieving excessive rides but I read this as a limit on the OJS. It is very vague as is all OJS language.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They can ride with you all they want. If you feel you are being harassed then file on it and you might get a favorable resolution in that specific instance, but there is nothing in the contract that prevents them from getting on the car with you anytime they feel it is necessary.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How can more than one management person ride with you when there is only one jumpseat with a seatbelt?

It wouldn't happen today but it wasn't uncommon to have two members of mgt on board at the same time. One would use the jump seat and the other would either squat between the seats or stand in the open cargo area bracing himself by holding on to the shelves. You know you were in for a very long day when you had two sups on the car.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Early in my career they tried this with me. Informed them that this package car ain't moving until everyone is buckled in. Won that battle.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Who cares how many ride alongside you get. That is the day you follow their methods and take your lunch in the 3rd /5th hour. You will kill them when you need to make a meet. To stay out with a manager on car. Last yr they had atleast 10 with me. For some reason. I always have an 8 hr day.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You aren't far from Cincy. Come on down you can see one

You offer me this....

qqbxhd.jpg

But.... when I show up....

v4p7ns.jpg

-Bug-

Wally

I would like to see a picture of that.

When I started driving.... we still had package cars with wood bulkhead doors.

-Bug-

I remember a few with big holes in the grey painted plywood. No need for a key, just reach in and unlock from the inside!