The 40 hour guarantee - On Topic

JJ85

A lot of drivers I speak to are worried that we lost the 8 hour guarantee to the 40 hour guarantee. There worried that ups will us it against us. Which I understand but I take is this the 40 hour guarantee means 40 hours straight time not overtime. So management can’t tell me I’m not guarantee 8 hours a day of work to get my 40 hours in a 5 day span. What’s your take on it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The "doomsday scenario" has been to exploit the language which allows for layoffs to occur when there is no available work, by advancing Monday's volume forward to Saturday or delaying Friday's volume to Saturday.
In our local case the driver then must demand to work on Saturday to get their last 8 garunteed hours after having their route Monday/Friday chopped out and banged by high seniority cover drivers.

The "doomsday scenario" has been to exploit the language which allows for layoffs to occur when there is no available work, by advancing Monday's volume forward to Saturday or delaying Friday's volume to Saturday.
In our local case the driver then must demand to work on Saturday to get their last 8 garunteed hours after having their route Monday/Friday chopped out and banged by high seniority cover drivers.
They can't delay Fridays volume. Everything is guaranteed

542thruNthru

A lot of drivers I speak to are worried that we lost the 8 hour guarantee to the 40 hour guarantee. There worried that ups will us it against us. Which I understand but I take is this the 40 hour guarantee means 40 hours straight time not overtime. So management can’t tell me I’m not guarantee 8 hours a day of work to get my 40 hours in a 5 day span. What’s your take on it.

What local rider/supplement are you under?

542thruNthru

New England can’t lay-off RPCD for one day

@wide load is in New England. I bet he could answer your question.

JJ85

Attachments

• AAEE50A4-D7D3-4E73-B979-CBDEA2A7F22B.jpeg
    AAEE50A4-D7D3-4E73-B979-CBDEA2A7F22B.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 198

Turdferguson

Just a turd
This is true and yet this is the second time our building made incorrect closures on a holiday. Don't forget phony weather too like a raindrop in california.
There are always tons of non holiday closed packages that get swept up in the known closed trailer everytime they use it here. Either the system they use is not that good or the person populating the list blows donkey balls

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I hate it when somebody tells me they are gonna be open then I ride by there and they are closed.Have to carry a 30 piece bulk stop all day.

This is how we make the list of known closed that you have no say so in. That stop will now be pulled and placed in the closed holiday trailer...everytime.

You know the question that your DIAD prompts you about if a pick up is open or closed? Go ahead and answer it as closed (because it annoys you when it pops up) it will come out of your DIAD on that holiday along with the delivery. In all fairness the screen that pops up to answer the question needs to be redesigned to make it easier to answer the question. Let the operators help design it.