The Amazon Saturday Snafu

FedExer267

I am sure if drivers at FEDEX where treated fairly you would see diffrent attitudes out of us Upstate. Its hard to maintain a strong work ethic when you get craped on daily.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am sure if drivers at FEDEX where treated fairly you would see diffrent attitudes out of us Upstate. Its hard to maintain a strong work ethic when you get craped on daily.

I see several of your co-workers here on a daily basis and they all seem to enjoy what they do. One of your co-workers made more than I did last year. Granted he worked nearly 60 hours a week. Of all of the couriers that I have spoken too over the years not a single one has mentioned any of the issues that I have read about here and certainly none of them despise the company that they work for like MFE does.

vantexan

I see several of your co-workers here on a daily basis and they all seem to enjoy what they do. One of your co-workers made more than I did last year. Granted he worked nearly 60 hours a week. Of all of the couriers that I have spoken too over the years not a single one has mentioned any of the issues that I have read about here and certainly none of them despise the company that they work for like MFE does.

But that's because they make more than a UPS guy in a paradise like upstate New York, LOL!

FedExer267

Well the only way Id make more than you is if I was the Contractor. Remember I am on the Ground side I will be lucky to hit 28,000 this year. Ground can work up to 70 a week thanks to us apparently being a 6 day operation. I like the job fine, I like all my customers, and I like being outdoors . What I dont like is how Ground drivers are treated. Lowest wage, no OT, and I have said before I know but where else can I work up to 70 hours a week and qualify for Food stamps and medical. We cannot even get simple things like a jacket to keep us warm or a truck with a working heater.
It all depends on who your Contractor is and in my area there are to few good contractors who value hard work. If any at all.

FedExer267

Personally, I bring pride to the uniform.
I see bbsam but werent you telling us a while back you work like 20 hours a week. Try spending 70 a week in the uniform with no pants and no jacket when its 38 degrees in the morning and see how much pride you have then.

bbsam

Staff member
I see bbsam but werent you telling us a while back you work like 20 hours a week. Try spending 70 a week in the uniform with no pants and no jacket when its 38 degrees in the morning and see how much pride you have then.
Oh, I did that! I didn't walk into the company two years ago, ya know. Been broken down in -20 degrees too. Let's just say that if this were the millitary I'd never be higher than a Sergeant Major and I like it that way.

FedExer267

Oh, I did that! I didn't walk into the company two years ago, ya know. Been broken down in -20 degrees too. Let's just say that if this were the millitary I'd never be higher than a Sergeant Major and I like it that way.
Do you make sure your employees have proper dress for proper weather conditions? Do you make sure they have working heaters? Is it really that expensive to make sure your drivers dont end up with pneumonia.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you make sure your employees have proper dress for proper weather conditions? Do you make sure they have working heaters? Is it really that expensive to make sure your drivers dont end up with pneumonia.
Coats, sure. Do I go and pick out their long-johns and boots? No. And yes, the heaters work because I wouldn't hear the end of it if they didn't.

FedExer267

So what do you think of Contractors that ignore things like coats and heaters. I do have longjohns but I'd look pretty silly wearing them under shorts as I dont have any pants but I am not below showing up dressed like that.

bbsam

Staff member
So what do you think of Contractors that ignore things like coats and heaters. I do have longjohns but I'd look pretty silly wearing them under shorts as I dont have any pants but I am not below showing up dressed like that.

If I were that driver, I'd wear a pair of blue sweat pants in to work. When they raise a stink, smile and explain the situation to them. Ball in their court.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Under the FedEx Ground Master Plan, does FedEx, the corporation, really care at all about the safety and well-being of drivers? Of course not. There is no incentive for the contractor to do any more than keep the vehicle on the road as much as possible while spending as little money as possible. Sure, there are some good conractors out there. For example, bbsam claims to keep his vehicles in top-notch condition, which is both smart and ethical. But what about Radoslav, who does business just like he did back in Nowheristan, and doesn't care if his drivers suck diesel fumes all day or if the rear door is ajar? He won't fix the heater because it takes away from his bottom line, which would be just fine back in the old country.

Maybe Ground should be renamed to something like Third World Express to reflect it's "commitment to excellence". Fred is outsourcing wthout having to go to China or India to do it. Truly an evil genius at work.