The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Seymour Packages

60 stops added to my route on Monday. I punched in and saw the friend*ckery, said nothing, and left. Estimated ETA of 22:45. They sent 3 drivers to help. Looked like a damn conga line. I punched out at 22:10. Tuesday rolls around, and they add 65 stops from two adjacent routes. I didn't say a word. Estimated ETA of 23:00. They sent 4 drivers to help. I punched out at 22:30. Yesterday, they dispatched me with the same amount of work. I dropped anchor like a ship in port. ETA of 23:05. They sent 3 drivers, I punched out at 22:50 with 20 stops missed. Today my route was dispatched normal. Punched out at 18:50. They want to cut routes and send guys home, I'll make sure that I DESTROY their numbers. Thanks for a weeks worth of OT in 3 days, UPS! My mortgage, 401k and other investments thank you.

Zurion

Exactly bro. It's well known at UPS, work days are for work. If they want to pay me time and a half in exchange for my evening, so be it. I genuinely no longer care how many stops they give me, I'm either getting an 8 hour day with time for myself, or I'm making a bunch of extra money. win/win

Grindstone

I haven't been able to work my route the way I usually do for almost 2 months now. The load plan on my pc has been down right screwy. I complain about it, it's fixed for 1 day, then back to having 15-25 pieces planned for left side and 250-300+ planned for right side. Was frustrating and it actually was the catalyst to making me wake up and stop being a runner. I wish I had listen to people's advice much sooner. Longer days...sure....but more OT and much much lower stress levels.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
60 stops added to my route on Monday. I punched in and saw the friend*ckery, said nothing, and left. Estimated ETA of 22:45. They sent 3 drivers to help. Looked like a damn conga line. I punched out at 22:10. Tuesday rolls around, and they add 65 stops from two adjacent routes. I didn't say a word. Estimated ETA of 23:00. They sent 4 drivers to help. I punched out at 22:30. Yesterday, they dispatched me with the same amount of work. I dropped anchor like a ship in port. ETA of 23:05. They sent 3 drivers, I punched out at 22:50 with 20 stops missed. Today my route was dispatched normal. Punched out at 18:50. They want to cut routes and send guys home, I'll make sure that I DESTROY their numbers. Thanks for a weeks worth of OT in 3 days, UPS! My mortgage, 401k and other investments thank you.
lol cut routes and send guys home. It is just as you describe here but we have every truck and driver on the road. I have no idea what their end game is at this point. We have loads of guys getting hurt. Accidents way up. Guys filing for FMLA. I guess my center is doing good because we are actually getting everything delivered. I am hearing there are places with routes stacked out or sitting all day because they aren't allowed to order trucks or hire drivers.

How pathetic is it that we are a package delivery company that can't even service our customers on a normal workday in april because god forbid we spend a few bucks.

542thruNthru

lol cut routes and send guys home. It is just as you describe here but we have every truck and driver on the road. I have no idea what their end game is at this point. We have loads of guys getting hurt. Accidents way up. Guys filing for FMLA. I guess my center is doing good because we are actually getting everything delivered. I am hearing there are places with routes stacked out or sitting all day because they aren't allowed to order trucks or hire drivers.

How pathetic is it that we are a package delivery company that can't even service our customers on a normal workday in april because god forbid we spend a few bucks.
Until that stops happening everything will continue as normal. That's the sad part. I'm also sure you manager is spinning the numbers as best he can.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Until that stops happening everything will continue as normal. That's the sad part. I'm also sure you manager is spinning the numbers as best he can.
yeah i mean we aren't missing packages but holy hell you would think the thousands and thousands in 9.5 would mean something to them.

The fact that paying us all 120 bucks an hour to work late into the night is something they don't even flinch at makes it that much more hilarioius when the company and union try to cry poor come contract time.

542thruNthru

yeah i mean we aren't missing packages but holy hell you would think the thousands and thousands in 9.5 would mean something to them.

The fact that paying us all 120 bucks an hour to work late into the night is something they don't even flinch at makes it that much more hilarioius when the company and union try to cry poor come contract time.
Yes I was shocked last year how much they didn't seem to care about the 9.5 money and then all of a sudden "absolutely no one can go over 9.5!!"

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I feel the worst for my wife who has basically been a full time single parent while working 45-50 hours herself.

Felt the same way. Come home and everyone's alseep and I'm useless the two days I got off. Definitely creates some tension.

When I see things not going well at home, I bang in, spend some time with the family. :censored2: this place if they can’t understand that I’m not losing my family for a job.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You did well.
They will treat you like you let them.

Not Rushin’

Exactly bro. It's well known at UPS, work days are for work. If they want to pay me time and a half in exchange for my evening, so be it. I genuinely no longer care how many stops they give me, I'm either getting an 8 hour day with time for myself, or I'm making a bunch of extra money. win/win
We work Monday through Friday. How late people ask? Monday through Friday