The best thing to come from Orion and miles being a priority

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
No more driving 20 miles at 7PM to bail out the center slacker/slug:likeit:

Not saying it will never happen, but thankfully those days are few and far between now

Your beef is with management, not the center slacker/slug. He forces management's hand, and you bow to it.

JackStraw

Your beef is with management, not the center slacker/slug. He forces management's hand, and you bow to it.
Well what else is he supposed to do? Refuse and it's a warning letter for not working as directed. Yeah ok you can say you have plans that can't be changed, but how many times are you able to use that? ITS UP TO MANAGEMENT TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

brostalss

I was beating ORION's Miles everyday but 3% short of the goal they are looking for. I pointed out the mess ORION is making. Now ORION is looking more and more how I normally run my route after a few adjustments.

Amazing.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Seems to me from reading various post here that Orion is an Edsel. Yet I spoke with a sup and he said that it has already paid for itself despite being implemented in only 20% of the country. Someone is fibbing and I think I know who.

Edsels may have been a flop from a sales standpoint...but at least they functioned and ran properly.

Sent using BrownCafe App

browniehound

No more driving 20 miles at 7PM to bail out the center slacker/slug:likeit:

Not saying it will never happen, but thankfully those days are few and far between now

The flip side of that is if you're dispatched 30 stops over your max, you're not getting help:whiteflag:. Its great that I don't have to help the slacker next to me everyday anymore(it was like everyday and I was really getting sick of it), but if I'm heavy I'm on my own and I don't even have hope for help.

But now that I think about it, I never got help anyway, so I suppose things are better now :funny:

JL 0513

Yesterday, they sent a sup out to my area to grab the airs of the neighboring route instead of having me get them. Would've added 1/2 of a mile to my day. Instead, the sup did a 25 mile round trip in his car. Idiotic.

I know this won't be the norm, but we are in the phase where all numbers are being reported to the top as a center to see if we "pass" Orion implementation for our building.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I was beating ORION's Miles everyday but 3% short of the goal they are looking for. I pointed out the mess ORION is making. Now ORION is looking more and more how I normally run my route after a few adjustments.

Amazing.

Hey genius - you do know your helping them set up your route. Is your job when we go out on strike again. You just gave them your job. Naive

JL 0513

Hey genius - you do know your helping them set up your route. Is your job when we go out on strike again. You just gave them your job. Naive

Don't go on strike. Unless you don't want your job. Orion or not, striking is illegal in this company. They don't need Orion to replace you. 10's of thousands of people have been waiting in line for years to go driving.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Don't go on strike. Unless you don't want your job. Orion or not, striking is illegal in this company. They don't need Orion to replace you. 10's of thousands of people have been waiting in line for years to go driving.

Really?!!! Don't worry I just am waiting for this contract to end. My last one. Btw --you will go thru your 10's of thousands. Because you still owe us those jobs from the last 2 contracts. Welchers

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yesterday, they sent a sup out to my area to grab the airs of the neighboring route instead of having me get them. Would've added 1/2 of a mile to my day. Instead, the sup did a 25 mile round trip in his car. Idiotic.

I know this won't be the norm, but we are in the phase where all numbers are being reported to the top as a center to see if we "pass" Orion implementation for our building.

Did you file on him?

Don't go on strike. Unless you don't want your job. Orion or not, striking is illegal in this company. They don't need Orion to replace you.

New guys.:speechless:

bucknole

Orian is a joke!!! Our center has been on it for about a year and there is more glitches in it than they can figure out. I run it in the old EDD way some days to prove a point and beat their miles and they still question why. It's a good concept, but until they figure the glitches out and learn to load it in your truck in order it will continue to be a cluster :censored2:!! No way your first stops of the day should be pulled from the 8000 section or the 6000 section or the 7000 section etc. etc.!!! When they talk about safety in the PCM's in the morning you can only laugh because digging for stops in the back of the load at the beginning of the day is a recipe for an injury. Clear you walk path my ass, how do you clear one when you can't make one in the morning?

ManInBrown

Orian is a joke!!! Our center has been on it for about a year and there is more glitches in it than they can figure out. I run it in the old EDD way some days to prove a point and beat their miles and they still question why. It's a good concept, but until they figure the glitches out and learn to load it in your truck in order it will continue to be a cluster :censored2:!! No way your first stops of the day should be pulled from the 8000 section or the 6000 section or the 7000 section etc. etc.!!! When they talk about safety in the PCM's in the morning you can only laugh because digging for stops in the back of the load at the beginning of the day is a recipe for an injury. Clear you walk path my ass, how do you clear one when you can't make one in the morning?

I never said it wasn't a joke. I follow it on average about 20% of the day on most routes. Point was, miles are a priority now. You will rarely be sent to take "work" from another driver if you are in an Orion center. Occasionally sent to retrieve pick up pieces. Reason is Orion miles

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I never said it wasn't a joke. I follow it on average about 20% of the day on most routes. Point was, miles are a priority now. You will rarely be sent to take "work" from another driver if you are in an Orion center. Occasionally sent to retrieve pick up pieces. Reason is Orion miles

amatuer.

How long have you driven, 1 year I imagine.

TOS.

degill7994

Been on Orion about a year , A few weeks back sent me to help another driver. 45 min drive to meet him 30 min to run the stops.

Sent using BrownCafe App

JackStraw

It will only work(mileage wise) if you are willing to make K-turns to cut streets in half. I have been over the mileage daily because I refuse to do this. It wants me to do 15-20 K-turns daily, yet every morning our center manager harangs us about how the centers backing incidents and backing mileage has skyrocketed. Can't see Atlanta signing off on this knowing how much backing, looking for packages and unsafe work practice it entails. Weird.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It will only work(mileage wise) if you are willing to make K-turns to cut streets in half. I have been over the mileage daily because I refuse to do this. It wants me to do 15-20 K-turns daily, yet every morning our center manager harangs us about how the centers backing incidents and backing mileage has skyrocketed. Can't see Atlanta signing off on this knowing how much backing, looking for packages and unsafe work practice it entails. Weird.
Does the program tell you to stop in the middle of the street or does it just tell you where your next stop is? Does it tell you how to get to the next stop or just where the next stop is?

OPTION3

Been on Orion about a year , A few weeks back sent me to help another driver. 45 min drive to meet him 30 min to run the stops.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I see it this way…if you are done 1.45 hrs before this guy…maybe dispatch should give you the 30 stops out of the building…makes more sense than paying you the 45 mins of drive time…..just saying

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Does the program tell you to stop in the middle of the street or does it just tell you where your next stop is? Does it tell you how to get to the next stop or just where the next stop is?
It only tells you the address of your next stop; it doesn't tell you where to park or, more importantly, which route to take to get there.

During my "implementation ride", my ORION guy was using a tablet with some sort of a map program that mistook tractor paths thru vineyards for public roads. He also wanted me to turn onto a "road" that I knew to be little more than a Jeep trail that dead-ended about a mile into the woods. He insisted that it was a useable route, and showed me on his tablet that it went all the way through and was actually named "4-Wheel Drive" road. I had to explain to him that "4 Wheel Drive" wasn't a name, it was a warning. Garbage in, garbage out.

degill7994

Orion will show you how to get there.If you look at the map on the computer screen click on the stop go to the top menu click on the little green n then click on the next stop it will show you the path your supposed to take to your next stop. And from my experience it have you take the shortest route no matter what kind of road it is. Have a few roads on routes I cover that you can't cross one crosses a river one goes over a mountain Orion still expects you to use them.

Sent using BrownCafe App