The best thing to come from Orion and miles being a priority

degill7994

I see it this way…if you are done 1.45 hrs before this guy…maybe dispatch should give you the 30 stops out of the building…makes more sense than paying you the 45 mins of drive time…..just saying
I already had over a 10 hr planned day and was in a different loop. I worked 12 hrs the guy I helped worked over 12. The bad thing is that the guy that ran the route next to him was done in less than 9 hrs.

Sent using BrownCafe App

iruhnman630

It only tells you the address of your next stop; it doesn't tell you where to park or, more importantly, which route to take to get there.

During my "implementation ride", my ORION guy was using a tablet with some sort of a map program that mistook tractor paths thru vineyards for public roads. He also wanted me to turn onto a "road" that I knew to be little more than a Jeep trail that dead-ended about a mile into the woods. He insisted that it was a useable route, and showed me on his tablet that it went all the way through and was actually named "4-Wheel Drive" road. I had to explain to him that "4 Wheel Drive" wasn't a name, it was a warning. Garbage in, garbage out.
Did you take him two-tracking?

JackStraw

Orion will show you how to get there.If you look at the map on the computer screen click on the stop go to the top menu click on the little green n then click on the next stop it will show you the path your supposed to take to your next stop. And from my experience it have you take the shortest route no matter what kind of road it is. Have a few roads on routes I cover that you can't cross one crosses a river one goes over a mountain Orion still expects you to use them.

Sent using BrownCafe App[/quote
I havn't gotten that app yet on my DIAD. We do have however a bank of about 5 computers outside the office where you can do this. ON YOUR TIME OF COURSE. I 've yet to look at it and don't even know how to log into one of those. Perhaps if they gave us 5 minutes of PAID time to look at it, it would make Orion easier to figure.

JackStraw

Orion will show you how to get there.If you look at the map on the computer screen click on the stop go to the top menu click on the little green n then click on the next stop it will show you the path your supposed to take to your next stop. And from my experience it have you take the shortest route no matter what kind of road it is. Have a few roads on routes I cover that you can't cross one crosses a river one goes over a mountain Orion still expects you to use them.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I've yet to get that app on my DIAD. They do have however a bank of about 5 computers outside the office where you can do this. ON YOUR TIME BEFORE YOU START. Perhaps if they gave us 5 mins of PAID time in the AM it would help to understand how it wants you to run your route that day. I haven't looked at them yet and don't even know how to log onto it.

It only tells you the address of your next stop; it doesn't tell you where to park or, more importantly, which route to take to get there.

During my "implementation ride", my ORION guy was using a tablet with some sort of a map program that mistook tractor paths thru vineyards for public roads. He also wanted me to turn onto a "road" that I knew to be little more than a Jeep trail that dead-ended about a mile into the woods. He insisted that it was a useable route, and showed me on his tablet that it went all the way through and was actually named "4-Wheel Drive" road. I had to explain to him that "4 Wheel Drive" wasn't a name, it was a warning. Garbage in, garbage out.
4-wheel drive road....I love it.

Z

ZQXC

I think I would have turned on it, gone as far as possible, then looked at him and said: "Any more good ideas?"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think I would have turned on it, gone as far as possible, then looked at him and said: "Any more good ideas?"
The particular ORION guy who was doing my route was being reasonable enough that I didn't feel it necessary to be a dick or embarrass him. I went into it with the mindset that I would at least try to cooperate and be open minded about the process. That way, when it failed (as I knew it would) I could at least say that I had done my part to make it work.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The particular ORION guy who was doing my route was being reasonable enough that I didn't feel it necessary to be a dick or embarrass him. I went into it with the mindset that I would at least try to cooperate and be open minded about the process. That way, when it failed (as I knew it would) I could at least say that I had done my part to make it work.

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
had a new driver and my on road in the diad room going over orion...OR tild the noob that if he wanted to make it as a driver, Orion was the way...that new kid is in for a rude awakening
sent from somewhere

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
had a new driver and my on road in the diad room going over orion...OR tild the noob that if he wanted to make it as a driver, Orion was the way...that new kid is in for a rude awakening
sent from somewhere
Maybe with all the new guys. But with us old guys, I think they will patiently wait us out till we hang them up. I feel for you guys with ten to twenty years in.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
sent from somewhere
The only way Orion is going to help a new driver is if EDD is setup really poorly. In some cases Orion can fix some broken traces, but by the same token garbage in, garbage out.

There is one route I run where EDD is good except in a couple places it sends you way out of the way. Orion applies the same fixes I do to that route. There are two other routes I run where Orion follows the screwed up EDD trace rather than correcting it. Those are the routes I can really blow their mileage away and run the route my way without getting any crap.

giggity

one of my many problems with orion is that it has me running stops during my pickups but unless I can take a printout with me, I have no idea which ones. it's not in the diad that way ~ YET. it had me running 18 stops between my 15:40 and 15:45 pickups :)
my guess is if orion stays, the next gen will take all pickups out of the scheduled screen and put them in order with our stops. and that order will have bearing on the pickup compliance ..