The Big Shmoo,or DS meets SD

DS

Fenderbender
Yup, the impervious lord and master is coming to talk to us tomorrow about our newly expanded facility.I don't know what to wear...oh yea.we were told what to wear.The paint is almost dry as he and his compadres in thier $1000 suits come to see what $71,000,000 looks like.I can only guess what he will say.I do know what he wont say...I'm a farmer...
I hope he doesn't remind us that at $3,000,000 a year,he's still the lowest paid CEO in the western world.I hope he doesn't stress that we have to work together as a team to reduce costs in the current recession.I hope he doesn't talk about how much ups cares about the environment.I hope he doesn't ride with me for a TLA.:anxious:
I'm actually looking forward to it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tell Darth Vader Duh Huh from us in the deep south.

71 mill, huh? I guess that is about 50 mil real money.:wink2:

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Scott Davis tours the new facility

[video=youtube;qkeWWoWLUpw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkeWWoWLUpw[/video]

whiskey

Well, if you could find some shoe polish in your building, I would put a nice shine on my shoes. That should compliment his Belvest suit quite nicely. Enjoy!
Good luck locating that shoe polish.

I would walk right up to him, shake his hand and tell him to Brown up, I need a helper today. I did that with the only regional level manager I ever met.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When I picture Scott in my mind ...
He is wearing blue gym shorts and a white t-shirt ( when I was at Corporate he would work out every morning he was in town).

Or another image is when he was coming out after taking a shower and drying off. We didn't call him the Big Guy back then. :happy-very:

I hope my memory serves me correctly - he has a good sense of humor.

Big Babooba

Yup, the impervious lord and master is coming to talk to us tomorrow about our newly expanded facility.I don't know what to wear...oh yea.we were told what to wear.The paint is almost dry as he and his compadres in thier $1000 suits come to see what $71,000,000 looks like.I can only guess what he will say.I do know what he wont say...I'm a farmer...
I hope he doesn't remind us that at $3,000,000 a year,he's still the lowest paid CEO in the western world.I hope he doesn't stress that we have to work together as a team to reduce costs in the current recession.I hope he doesn't talk about how much ups cares about the environment.I hope he doesn't ride with me for a TLA.:anxious:
HA HA!!! Do they still do those up there? My last TLA was in 1992 and my supervisor didn't even spring for lunch!:angry:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I would be more concered how my load was !!! You know the pre/load will be forced to ""wrap it up early " To make it look like the fantasy world I.E wants us to live in & show Mr. Davis that its a tight run bldng !!

over9five

Staff member
Scott who? I thought you meant Satellite Driver.

Mr Davis once came to Chema and spoke. It was a big gala event but he didn't wear a tie. He seemed to be a regular guy (never thought that about ol' Mike). I think you'll like listening to him!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
When I picture Scott in my mind ...
He is wearing blue gym shorts and a white t-shirtRichard Simmons? ( when I was at Corporate he would work out every morning he was in town).

Or another image is when he was coming out after taking a shower and drying off. We didn't call him the Big Guy back then. :happy-very:

I hope my memory serves me correctly - he has a good sense of humor.
LOL

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

Correction he made 5.2 millon last year and should be in for 5.8 this year.So much for reducing cost.

DS

Fenderbender
It was quite the show.A brand new pkg car on stage as a background,video behind that,with two TV cameras.The big guy talked mostly about how this project was the most expensive investment ups has made in Canada,but a necessary one.He mentioned the new Calgary hub,and the one in China.He's a skinny little bugger.I shook his hand and he said,thank you for all your hard work.I just nodded,if I was thinking I would've asked him to be my helper for the day like trplnkl mentioned.I bet that would piss off his maniqureist.We had Timmys coffee,hot chocolate muffins and doughnuts.I hate doughnuts.I had a strawberry yougurt I brought from home.All in all they put on a good show and the stage would've made any band look good.It was the best 20 min OT I ever had.

satellitedriver

Scott who? I thought you meant Satellite Driver.
Me too.
No way this Gulf Coast boy is going to Canada in December.
June or July and I am there.
Great that DS got to see a good dog and pony show.
I would think more of Mr. Davis if he was there until the last driver had returned to the building.