The Company with a heart.

scottVA

Richmond-Air
April the 1st, 2010 was my 25th year of working for the Big Brown yea me. It took UPS 7 months for the managment team to present me my 25 year Plack, well they just stuck in the DIAD rack with my name on it.... ha. Today (over a a year later)I received a form letter from UPS Corp thanking me for my service and allowing me to pick out my 25 year gift from the online list. Good thing I had not retired, Im sure that piece of mail never would have turned up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

April the 1st, 2010 was my 25th year of working for the Big Brown yea me. It took UPS 7 months for the managment team to present me my 25 year Plack, well they just stuck in the DIAD rack with my name on it.... ha. Today (over a a year later)I received a form letter from UPS Corp thanking me for my service and allowing me to pick out my 25 year gift from the online list. Good thing I had not retired, Im sure that piece of mail never would have turned up.

...as long as the pension check is direct deposited on the first of each month...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our center manager was transferred a few months ago and he had a 20 year service plaque in his desk, for a driver, from over 1 year ago (Jan 2010). The driver got his plaque, handed by the NEW center manager.. :D

brownelf

you got a service award? they don't do that here anymore.. Yesterday the center manager had donuts out for 2 guys that had retired (1 over a month ago) and a guy that made the circle of honor sometime last month. He was PO'd that only one of the guys actually showed up for his recognition/retirement day.

Congratulations.

Re-Raise

All watches and jewelry.. I wanted a miter saw.

At least they gave me the packet during our pcm. I picked a watch. Gave it to my Father for teaching me my work ethic.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
going on 27, I got my retro award letter, for my 25th. They reinstated retroactive to those who missed milestone years awards. The only choices were jewelry, which I never get a chance to wear, BUT it is really nice. Thanks UPS I do aprreciate it.
When I die someone will get it, and say, wow this is really nice, I never knew she had fancy things, LOL.

Re-Raise

going on 27, I got my retro award letter, for my 25th. They reinstated retroactive to those who missed milestone years awards. The only choices were jewelry, which I never get a chance to wear, BUT it is really nice. Thanks UPS I do aprreciate it.
When I die someone will get it, and say, wow this is really nice, I never knew she had fancy things, LOL.

I appreciate it too. I am just not a big jewelry wearer, only my wedding ring.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
going on 27, I got my retro award letter, for my 25th. They reinstated retroactive to those who missed milestone years awards.
So when did you get this "retro" letter. I made 20 years last year, and got the usual award box which I promptly tossed in the trash.

The Milkman

I know how you feel..When I left in 08 I was handed my plaque with no fanfare whatsoever..We bust our tails for 25-30 yrs, made this company what it is today and when we leave.....Thanks, See Ya...They got what they wanted out of us all them years and being only numbers....numbers that they soon forget, they assign them to the new rookies who someday will get the same treatment.as we did..We all started with at the time ,the thought of working for a great company that cared for its workers but sadly we are disposable and this thread points it out..:sad-very:

dillweed

When I hit 15 years they were still giving goodies. I received truly nice little desk clock which I have here on my desk. Means a lot that I survived the 15 years. Yesterday we had a guy with 15 who got a plaque and we all got a donut for his efforts.

One thing we can always count on from UPS for our hard work is being lied to. Yep, it sucks but it's consistant. Sorry folks, last week was rough and I'd be a fool to think it's going to improve anytime soon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I received a very nice plaque for my 20 years of service.

I think the previous award program was overblown--milestone years are sufficient--how many wallets do we really need?

NHDRVR

Cash the checks, bro....