The countdown to Trump Impeachment

watdaflock?

To make up for their mistake in creating the Electoral College, the Founding Fathers gave us:
Article II, Section IV
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
With the Inauguration we can now begin our newest game, Countdown to Impeachment. To play answer the following questions about the President Trump:

1. How long to impeachment by a majority vote of the House of Representatives? Years __________ (10 points) Months ______ (15 Points) Days _____ (20 points)
2. How long to removal by a 2/3s vote of the Senate after impeachment? Months _____ (10 points) Days _____ (15 points)
3. Select one or more charges: Treason ___ Bribery ____ High Crimes _____ Misdemeanors _____ (10 points each either correctly checked or unchecked)
100 is a perfect score. Highest score above zero wins.
(Tie breaker) What will bring him down: his ties to Russia, his tangled business dealings or his sexual proclivities?

Hopefully we will have a winner in the near future.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
To make up for their mistake in creating the Electoral College, the Founding Fathers gave us:
Article II, Section IV
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
With the Inauguration we can now begin our newest game, Countdown to Impeachment. To play answer the following questions about the President Trump:

1. How long to impeachment by a majority vote of the House of Representatives? Years __________ (10 points) Months ______ (15 Points) Days _____ (20 points)
2. How long to removal by a 2/3s vote of the Senate after impeachment? Months _____ (10 points) Days _____ (15 points)
3. Select one or more charges: Treason ___ Bribery ____ High Crimes _____ Misdemeanors _____ (10 points each either correctly checked or unchecked)
100 is a perfect score. Highest score above zero wins.
(Tie breaker) What will bring him down: his ties to Russia, his tangled business dealings or his sexual proclivities?

Hopefully we will have a winner in the near future.

I think he'll be impeached pretty quickly, most likely over failure to divest. The first terrorist attack on a Trump-branded property will also be problematic, although nobody on the Right seems to understand these will be prime symbols of America abroad.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wait until Trump gets reelected.

Nope. He won't make it that far. Please explain how Trump will conform to the Emoluments Clause of The Constitution without divesting? Also, when and if we ever do see the taxes, they will show other ethical conflicts well beyond Emoluments.

There's a reason we haven't seen the taxes, and Trump will have to divest, or be impeached.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No. It requires men of principles to stand up. You are assuming the there are no principled Republicans.

I'm not ready to make that assumption, yet.
I am ... there are as many principled Repugs in Congress as there are principled Dems.
BTW ... I consider Trump neither.

Sportello

I am ... there are as many principled Repugs in Congress as there are principled Dems.
BTW ... I consider Trump neither.
Call me an optimist ;)

I also believe that the R's don't much care for the guy at the top, and would rather have Pence or Ryan running things.

I believe there is a Russin phrase that the R leadership refers to the current POTUS as 'полезные дураки'.